1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets v Refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 9, 2019.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I didn't say it wasn't of course.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

try getting hacked for a complete game, then retaliate and get a foul and a tech. It’s easy to say “play thru the calls” unless you’ve actually experienced a ref not liking you or your team you wouldn’t understand.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You can almost always tell when the screwing will have consequences

Rocket River

bro2044 likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

2 straight L’s y’all are blaming on refs and not on the Rockets inability to play hard for 48 minutes.

I hope that’s not what D’Antoni is telling them...

blahblehblah and jboslett like this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Sooooo out of curiosity when will it be the Rockets are just an average team? We are terrible on defense like just awful. Crunch time offense and superstars go full r****d a lot and we have a coach that doesn't coach and plays guys way to many minutes.

This team isn't very good. But are we going to just keep blaming the officials after every loss?

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The fans adopt the mentality of the team's superstar.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So back in '86 it was. . . . .. who's mentality?

Rocket River

jcf likes this.
  9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

15-8, not an average team.

Not a great team, not a bad team, not an average team.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Our average opponent has a winning percentage of .483 which is 28th hardest in the league.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Honestly, we take 15+pt leads against the leaguest best teams.... we're just inconsistent in regards to defense, have high turnovers, and are missing 2 key players per game.

We are a good team, and teams prepare for that and bring their best. We're not contenders at this time, but of course last year we started under .500 through close to 30 games, and again ended up over 50 wins with arguably worse pieces throughout the season, and were once again ousted by a great team.

We need better coaching (tough to find) and sizable frontcourt defensive upgrades, but we're hardly average. Our opponent winning percentage doesnt take into account the difficulty of those opponents schedules, and is not a great tool for gauging our team quality, especially just over 20 games in.

12. justinh

justinh Member

folks who complain about people calling out the refs. ill never get that.

do the refs impact individual games (for better or worse)? resounding yes.

can one call (good or bad) from a ref change the outcome of a game? again, yes.

are refs human and make mistakes? yes. (this is not me giving them a pass, just making a point)

is it possible that the refs have ulterior motives? yes - think tim donaghy.

is it also possible that tim donaghy was a scapegoat thrown to us so the league could say "hey we got rid of the problem, we're good now!"? yes - think harvey weinstein (diff application, but same idea). the point here being, throw out a fall guy, or burn someone meaningful, to give off the appearance that everything else is good-to-go and all problems have been purged.

i could go on and on, but some things we may never know (how much of it is crooked / rigged, if any) and some things we may never be able to fix (human element).

but jesus, to act like the refs are never to blame or are infallible is a joke. on top of that, to complain about other people complaining? stfu

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Our team could have player better.
    The refs could also actually do their jobs.

See what I did there?

RayRay10, jcf and Blurr#7 like this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm actually confused about why Harden's (1st) waived 3 in the 3rd wouldn't have counted? He had already shot, ball goes in, and there is questionable incidental contact between his arm (moving away from defenders outstretched arm in front of him) and falling defenders head area who was close within a landing area.

That's an after shot call, isn't it? Why does the shot not count? Shouldn't it count, but also a foul called at worst?

This league confuses me. All these defenders crowd within inches if a jumping shooter, and are rewarded when his body part contacts them.

I'm not saying it's why we lost or anything. I just dont get it, and why I dont see that call on anyone else. Its merely coincidental that those addtl points help us in a close game, but wtvr.

BigShasta and rhee like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

And blaming/whining/complaining about the refs after every loss is also a joke.
    You(not you specifically) whine/complain/blame so much, your protest (and say..."benefit of the doubt") falls on deaf ears. (And one might argue back they never had benefit of the doubt in the first place.)

National media/fans/NBA twitter: "They're blaming/complaining again about the refs?! STFU already! All while Harden leads the league in FTs!"

For ****s sake, the Kings are trolling them. The Kings!

J Sizzle and blahblehblah like this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

For real this judgement call thing is BS. They should just allow this or get rid of continuation all together. Way too subjective. If he was going for a layup it woulda counted. If anything Rockets should be able to decline the foul.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

And, does anyone really think we haven't been jobbed in the playoffs when facing the Warriors? You would have to ignore reality for the sake of appearing above it....

justinh, Blurr#7 and Rocket River like this.
  18. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

I'd tend to agree with you if this was just the normal griping about not getting the calls, but when a ref takes points off the board, that's the most direct way they can affect the score. Two games it happened under sketchy circumstances and the Rockets lost both games by a deficit within the range of points they took away. Given the circumstances, It's a bit much to tell fans not to complain.

Rocket River, BigShasta and rhee like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and both times the same ref (james capers) was managing the operation

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this point. . . ..
    I am amazed at how many "Rocket fans" simply believe our players are complainers and whiney b****es who never get touched in the lane.

Watching that game last nite. . . there were two sets of rules.
    I watched Harden get pingponged between two players
    The results was
    a TO for Harden
    And fast break points for the opposition

so not only do we give up points not another notch on the belt for the We Hate Harden because he is a Turn Over machine crowd

Are we that bad at layups or are some misses because of missed foul calls .
    All the Offensive foul calls. . . . looked ugly

Still feeling the burn . . . the burn of missed calls

Bad Calls definitely take you out the game
    No aggressive defense since our two best defenders had 5 fouls and they were in the penalty within 6 minutes it seems

Rocket River

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.