1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Ty Lawson talking contract buyout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would definitely keep him in order to lure Durant, even if it's a low possibility. If you're Durant and this team has your best bud (Harden), another friend in Ty and then Dwight/max player, Smith and the chance to pick a coach, you're in a good situation.

As I said, luring Durant may be a pipedream, but keeping Lawson won't hurt us and increases the chances.

2. Asian Sensation

We can't afford to cut him. Bev and playing in playoff games don't mesh too well.

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

Everyone is better than Lawson. Unfortunately, he is dealing with his own issues. Nothing to do with the team.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's a really solid single-single.

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

His stats mean nothing now. Usinh it to evaluate him isnt fair. He never was integrated, in & out of the lineup.

The only chance of him able to stepping up is if Bev gets injured. Then Ty will be forced to and overtime it'll work.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't even believe what a disappointment Lawson has been here. The most disappointing Rocket additions in my memory were:

1. Scottie Pippen
    2. Stromile Swift
    3. Shandon Anderson
    4. Trevor Ariza (the first time around)

I think Lawson may have just surpassed them all.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Last time Rockets coach was forced to play someone, that player turned out to be 2nd only to Harden last season.

I can only repeat myself, so that I can quote myself next year, that LAWSON SHOULD REMAIN ROCKET FOR ONE MORE SEASON, SO THAT WE COULD BRING IN A REAL COACH WITH REAL SYSTEM WHERE HARDEN IS NOT THE POINT GUARD AND LAWSON CAN PLAY IN POSITION HE HAD SUCCESS BEFORE.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You have to be a teenager. Your sig is obnoxious and your posts are terrible.

1 person likes this.
  10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont mind lawson staying for another year, esp since the best fa's aren't gonan waste a chunk of their careers here. but he should only return IF WE GET A REAL COACH! jb cant be coachign this team. either an experienced coach or a new coach that has a decent system to build on. i'd keep a couple assistants too, jb and finch. but the main thing is a new head coach with a decent system to work with.

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Wrong

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Is he gone yet?

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

enough is enough..need to buyout ty in order to sign someone who can contribute..our bench is so dead right now..he's supposed to be the spark but he does nothing

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he had 4pts and 2asts the other day

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Bitterness over the trade deadline has afflicted people to varying degrees, huh?

Some posts read like we traded James Harden for Lou Amundson and a second rounder.:rolleyes:

I'm generally annoyed with a few things/missed opportunities , but then again, we're right there battling for the playoffs. I've got us at the 6th seed. It looks like we're about to hit a little bit of that "gel" at the right time. The group of last year needed the Portland game to get the juice back. Corey is looking more confident, Jet is going to be dependable, Trevor is the glue, Bev will fight, and TJ is the wildcard. Who knows...he may return to that double-double guy we used to know. TY is the same...he may just put together a good stretch after the worst season of his career.

Admittedly I'm a fan, but Smoov is getting back in shape after rotting on Doc's bench. IF he gets regular minutes, he and Dwight can be special in the playoffs again. We all remember the "Lob Show" against Dallas. Josh hasn't gotten his touches in the post yet, which I'm hoping JB starts looking for, especially if DMo is out, or comes back slowly.

I'm feeling good about our chances, which is rare.

Maybe it's Dwight's professional decision. I think he's about to put together a GREAT, possibly final showing for us. We need "Playoff Dwight," and we saw it against Rip City. The rebounds (while not many) he got were TOUGH. They changed the game. Without him securing the boards, we lose to Portland and things are drastically different. IF we had given up that game, the locker room would have been messier and the Spurs game today would look dismal.

I'm hopeful, with or without the buyout/signing chatter.

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I forgot all about Shandon. Damn.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The only reason Lawson is here would be to convince Durant to join our team. I think this off-season will be one of the most important ones because it'll determine if Harden walks or not after next season. If Durant comes, it's confirmed that Harden will stay but if Durant just stays in OKC. It's pretty likely Harden will walk when his contract is finished... unless by some miracle we win the chip next year.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Why Pippen though? Because he demanded a trade? Him leaving was just as much Chucks fault. As far as game goes, he had some big games in the playoffs and his regular season wasn't that far off his Bulls production. Lawson has contributed nothing. Yet you have Pip #1?

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pippen threw his teammates under the bus multiple times. Lawson hasn't been able to recover from his DUIs, but he has yet to **** on the CITY of Houston like Pippen did. Unforgivable...

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

But he was right about chuck. Chuck was fat and lazy. Pip is hated for having competitive drive. Harden is hated for not having competitive drive.