1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Ty Lawson talking contract buyout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I wish we could of just traded for Rubio instead of ty I knew he wasn't going to squat with us. How many people on here called him the missing piece and the piece that puts us over the top lmao. And I know people will say Rubio sucks he can't shoot blah blah blah. But he would of gave this team 1000x more than what ty has done for us.

2. omgTHEpotential

This year, Rubio is shooting 35.9% from the FIELD. That's lower than his career average. Rondo is Stephen Curry compared to Rubio.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lots of moving parts, obviously. JBB yesterday: &quot;We want to see Ty succeed. We know what’s in there. I’ll do whatever I can to get it out.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703336346488872960">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In past six games, made 4 of 18 shots with six assists and six turnovers. Has to do something with pt to get more.<br> <a href="https://t.co/xLLwFejeRw">https://t.co/xLLwFejeRw</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/703338732414504960">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, the can't play with Harden crap doesn't fly. Harden doesn't play 48 MPG, and he doesn't take every shot even when he's on the floor. There are plenty of chance to put his stamp on the game offensively, and he simply hasn't done it.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Don't think Ty gets bought out unless someone doesn't claim Thornton off waivers. He Mt clears waivers then we're still in the LT. Someone claims him and we're in the green.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, just as predicted, get under that Lux tax any way possible.

DD

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Can someone PS a bag of money in here instead of the trophy?

[​IMG]

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Rubio is dog ****.

9. onreego

onreego Member

The Ty Lawson we got did the opposite of bringing us closer to a true championship contender.

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I wanted Rondo at one point. It probably wouldn't have ended much different.

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Huge mistake

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

HUGE mistake is a bit of an exaggeration. MT was an end of the bench player. I thought he was more productive than Terry or some other guys too but HUGE mistake is a reach.

Promoting JBB to HC was a
      1. HUGE
    mistake. No exaggeration there.

13. TISNF

TISNF Member

I blame this on Llull.

14. dmoneybangbang

Lol. When you are multi millionaire/billionaire you can spend as much money as you want on a team with a ceiling not high enough to beat the top 3 teams in the west.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Isn't Ty real close to KD?

16. i3artow i3aller

Yup
    [​IMG]

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Huge mistake to our future. The Rockets (hopefully) will be playing a totally new brand of basketball next season.

We wanted a PG and put him into analytic geek ball which does not need ball movement and making plays anyother PG next to Harden would die in this ****ty system

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He's been so bad .... if he wants a contract at all next year he has to latch on somewhere and contribute solidly even if its at the minimum for the rest of the season ....

There is also the remote possibility , however remote , that a team picks him up off of the waiver wire ... as even if he's bought out , he has to go thru the waiver process. In that scenario the team claiming him would be responsible for his remaining salary this season giving the Rockets some wiggle room under the hard cap.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah that basically threw away the season when we did that. Although I understand the Rockets not wanting to rush in a new coach when their targets may not be available or interested in coaching until the off season.

Our biggest problem is having no offensive or defensive systems implemented, and our answer to that was fire McHale and already under-qualified head coach and promote his defensive coordinator assistant coach who is even more inexperienced and under-qualified.

20. Lightsnowaction

I will give Ty Lawson one last chance against the Spurs. I just don't wamt Jet as backup PG, he's 38. Plus, not sure what PG we can sign instead.