1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm not buying into any such hype yet. This is just wishful thinking. Every offseason people act like this about the next season and get unreasonably pumped about what could be. Last year we were set to compete in the Finals. It takes a lot of stars to align for player and a team to be great. MDA has had a bad run lately and we were a horrible team last year. I'm not psyched.

2. chandlerbang21

The new offense will be fast and not alot of iso. Harden will have to move inside the 3pt line without the ball for the first time in his rockets career

3. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Sadly, the probability of this happening is very high.....

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Why do you believe that there won't be a lot of ISO?

D'Antoni's Suns teams ran ISO 13% of the time. In comparison, last year's Rockets ran ISO 9.4% of the time. D'Antoni's LA teams and Knicks teams ran lots of ISO too. Anytime that D'Antoni has had players who could iso then he took advantage of it.

We very well might run more iso this year but it will be in less predictable situations, from better sets and hopefully with additional weapons that have to be defended. That would prevent teams from loading up to stop Harden and allow him to play more 1-on-1 rather than 1-on-3.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Does 1v1 post play (a la Dwight) fall into the "ISO" category?

Not sure where you're getting your stats from, but I don't remember the MDA/Nash Suns ISO'ing that much.

Hopefully without Dwight clogging the lane, the offense will be more free-flowing. Harden PnR/PnP should be revitalized.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he's delusional. When I read his **** I lost it.

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Sorry, it was actually 12% for the Suns rather than 13%.

Here's this season's ISO leaders:

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/playtype/isolation/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular Season

Houston is 2nd at 9.4% of their possessions.

stats.nba.com had a summary of all definitions of various play types but I don't see it there anymore. I believe their definition of ISO had to be faceup and above the free throw line so postups wouldn't be included. I'll look around and see if I can find the definitions.

D'Antoni has always tailored his offense to his player strength's. Harden will still ISO but it will likely be in situations that are less predictable and contain more options. Here's a D'Antoni quote from his time in NY:

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;A Center but gotta get some ****** shooters.&quot; <br>&quot;Our FA targets are now, not 2017.&quot;<br>Was told Rockets will NOT move into Rd.1 but he laughed.</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/746129970066403329">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh, &amp; Les was dropping F-bombs like crazy a few days ago. About what, IDK. But he was REALLY mad about a player &amp; it wasn't Dwight. IDK</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/746130571684782080">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:grin::grin::grin:

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shyte about to hit the fan?

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

And so it begins

12. sabesque

sabesque Member

Decoding season is upon us

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

GAAAH HE'S ALWAYS WRONG

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He was probably reminded that we drafted Royce White and Draymond Green lasted until the 2nd round.

15. varughese.arun

I COMPLETELY AGREE
    HARDEN is the real deal. He just needs some SHOOTERS around him.

MVP season coming up, God forbid any injuries.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

at least doc rocket takes the time to make it interesting with the riddles.

sure beats "i heard from such and such...."

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

last draft Doc brought good info

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I bet Les was mad at Brewer for still being on the team. Id drop multiple f bombs too.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

what was this info?

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Translation. Nothing happening :grin: