1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Knicks never offered him more than qualifying offer and could never offer anything close to what Rockets offered.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

lol at all the grade school drama over a freakin jersey number ... only number that should matter is the one on his paycheck

3. coffeelover665

Money has nothing to do with it. A disrespect is a disrespect.

4. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Lin had offers from New York on the table. I don't remember the exact number, but it was a significant offer - they wanted to lock down Lin very badly. Yes they did want Lin to find out his own market value and then match, hence the "low level qualifying offer" that is necessary to grant them matching rights, but to NY total $ was never an issue - it was the poison pill in the 3rd year, and the luxury tax implications that spawned from that, that became the issue.

In the current case the Rockets are clearly in the wrong for not communicating things beforehand to Lin and Lin's agent. Lin has acted very professionally throughout his tenure at Rockets regardless of how you perceive his performance on the court, and deserves fair treatment. I can understand his frustration.

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

What? Are you suggesting they wouldn't have matched a 4 year, 24 million dollar contract? This is blatantly false. They declared that they would match all offers. It was the poison pill year that threw them off because of the harsh luxury tax implications. The total amount of the contract was never the problem.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Why is this blowing up?

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

Because Lin is the NBA version of Tebow

1 person likes this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

Morey is now following someone new

9. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Lin and Tebow to start the players with no skills league.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would let Morey Photoshop me getting hanged in the locker room for 15 million dollars. I wouldn't care if I got that money.

11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

JJ Watt!!

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qBAbxpr8_T/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Casspi trying to become our stretch 4?

13. Postcall

Postcall Member

There was no other significant offer just the qualifying. This has been discussed 100 times. New York did not care about a poison pill that was just the story the Knicks went with. We gave that money to Bargnani anyway(plus picks)...and spent even more for Jason Kidds corpse and the fantastic JR Smith Felton backcourt. The Knicks org was largely run by CAA and Dolan is the worst owner in sports. We are in the tax every year and it doesn't matter because of MSG money.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol casspi is WEAK!!

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

parsons having a horrible time with all this free agency talk

16. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

reppin the H?!?!?

17. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Joe joe is correct. Lin specifically said the Knicks never made him an offer. The only gave him the minimal qualifying offer so they kept the right to match. They did not. It may have been for luxury tax reasons but it's like the guy who overpaid for 10 things all of a sudden deciding to get cheap with the one thing that would have been fine - for New York.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

parsons and the thirsty hoes

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I guess Parsons is having a good time in Miami?

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>By request: Best ever Las Vegas Summer League performances historically by NBA Draft picks. Highly inconclusive. <a href="http://t.co/Nc6ol4sCsx">pic.twitter.com/Nc6ol4sCsx</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/statuses/487247643890827266">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>