1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

whats that noise? oh its just dame's game winning shot to win the series THREE TIMES!

am i on a blazers forum? nope, still on clutchfans. strange

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm sorry but his team was 8th last year and barely 4th this year and they lost in 6 games in the first round a second time, exactly what spot is Morey suppose to have? I am a Morey fan too but please, put the homer glasses down. He is a top ten GM and that's what he got.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On these matters,listen 2 <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob">@haralabob</a> MT <a href="https://twitter.com/FosterTaylor1">@FosterTaylor1</a> in 2007 radio show U picked Mavs over Warriors.Kept faith then&amp;now.Thanks 4hard work</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/464518313599463425">May 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

The Exec of the Year award should be based on what moves were actually made. What's Ujri's great move?

5. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

At least he tracks Haralabob. So he's seen him trash the decision to keep McHale.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sign Antoine Walker? RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Da_ROACHmeister">@Da_ROACHmeister</a> what can be done to cut back on 3 pointers???</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/464519275277848577">May 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>zero, basically RT <a href="https://twitter.com/johnwilmesNBA">@johnwilmesNBA</a> how much do you think about &quot;not strengthening in-conference foes&quot; when negotiating trades?</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/464520251384672256">May 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

7. LandryMegaBeast

you can't blame him for the play of the team... he brought harden and dwight to houston in one year, drafted chandler and jones, and found beverley and daniels seemingly out of nowhere. Please tell me which gms have done bettter in the past two years...

8. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Saying that CP is safe is pretty notable. We should start ruling out as unlikey moves that involve Parsons.

Asik and Lin however had better already be getting their Samsonite ready and their real estate guys on the line

9. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

AND kept their draft pics and cap flexibility?

In a two year window it's not really even close.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Give it a rest for God's sake.

If I can maybe blame Morey for something, it's keeping McHale. But even that is probably a Les decision (akin to McNair's loyalty to Kubiak).

The talent is there. Morey put it there. There is no reason such talent should flame out so early in the playoffs....well, other than a horrific excuse of a coach who had no real plan going into the playoffs, made no adjustments until the team was already swimming with rocks tied to its ankles, and a star player who somehow couldn't seem to be coaxed to play defense or even, you know, like, care. Or understand the playoffs is a whole-nother beast.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You should give it a rest all I said is he got top 10 which he deserved I don't really see how him getting top GM of the year equates to other GM's not respecting him.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

First, of all you can, because he insists they play a certain way. Second he hired the coach, and he put the team together, he is responsible for Dragic not being there and maybe other players that would have or would not have made the team better. You can't give him credit for getting a player and then not blame when that player doesn't produce, it's his job. We could have gotten someone else. Is Morey a bad GM no, by no means I would say he is top 10 so how is him being in the top ten equate to him being disrespected in some way?

13. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Ryan Bernardoni ‏@dangercart 18m
    @dmorey @Houstonhogan7 but if you go under the cap you lose MLE and BAE and get RME instead... Can't have all three, right?

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey 17m
    @dangercart @Houstonhogan7 @BimaThug can't have all 3, yes

LOL at him tagging BimaThug when he wasn't even in the tweet. I guess he read BimeThug's blog post on this site.

Hi Morey!

14. downbytheriver

morey is unpopular with GM's because he's not very good. outside of lucking into Harden which brought in Howard, he's had a 90% failure to 10% success ratio for 7 years.

They know their stuff and who produces results. All the lateral moves he makes are mocked and laughed at like a figgity kid who doesn't know what he wants, and then tries to back it up with a little data.

morey is not a top 10 guy, just because you know him and follow him, shouldn't dilute reality

15. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Yeah just shows again how much separation Lillard got =( Should have been like Beverley where he was grabbing the guy the whole time...

16. cbk41

cbk41 Member

And you shouldn't let a frustrating first round loss, combined with the lack of motivation/tools/time/etc. to comprehend all the mathematics and work that goes into painting the pictures that Morey and his staff compile and analyze shouldn't dilute the reality of his work and results thus far. All aspects of management considered.

Seems like a real convenient time to smack down Murray. We'll see how he handles this years failure to paint a better picture of what he's capable of.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Losing Dragic was not Morey's wish. Les wanted Lin. Les got Lin. We're paying the consequences, but I guess Les revived his deals in the China market.

As far as blaming Morey for the players not producing? I was referring to Harden, but it isn't on Morey to birddog Harden and keep him out of the strip clubs and off the sauce when he needs to be focusing mentally and physically on the playoffs.

Dwight produced. He was the one bright spot in the playoffs.

I do think the Asik thing was botched a bit. Asik was probably kept last summer with the idea of adding him in a trade for a star (ironically, Aldridge at the All Star game in Houston said how it'd be great to be here; guess he wasn't saying that in 2013-14).

Morey not placing top 3 just points to the Exec award being a personality thing. Morey's I.T.-ish mannerisms and approach to the game haven't earned him warm buddies in the clubhouse.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>zero, basically RT <a href="https://twitter.com/johnwilmesNBA">@johnwilmesNBA</a> how much do you think about &quot;not strengthening in-conference foes&quot; when negotiating trades?</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/464520251384672256">May 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

Glad to finally get some input on this. Remember many posters being addiment that GMs won't trade players to teams in their own conference. Always thought that was such a stupid thing to do, to limit yourself. GMs look for the best deal possible, doesn't matter who they are trading with if they are getting what they want.

So you are that new guy around here?

19. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Umm he got two dumb GMs to take Rudy Gay and Andrea Bargnani.

20. downbytheriver

id say the 4th year of being a #9 seed was when i began to question his ability to dribble a basketball. you can run up all the numbers you want but if you don't understand the game, the way it's won and what adjustments you need to make it don't mean squat. stat geeks are no different to LOF's who are delusional but think they know something other people don't.