1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trying to move up for Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 8, 2001.

1. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

...My main gripe with Langhi is that he looks lost out there. I have a sneaking suspicion Dan is a pretty stupid basketball player. He has all the talent and drive, but plays like his head is cut off. And a headless, assless player cannot make it in the NBA...
    thats harsh dude..

------------------
    Howdy Partner!

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

......My main gripe with Langhi is that he looks lost out there. I have a sneaking suspicion Dan is a pretty stupid basketball player. He has all the talent and drive, but plays like his head is cut off. And a headless, assless player cannot make it in the NBA.....
    thats harsh dude....
    Way too Harsh dude.. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Why are you so high on a dude you never seen play before? I never said Wallace would be a perfect fit I just said the windmill was bad ass that he did. And even if Griffin and Battier are gone by 6 we can still grab Rodney White or Joe Johnson.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

cisse is better

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

5. Band Geek Mobster

Why are you putting down a player you've never seen play before?

Most scouting reports I see say a lot of nice things about Gasol, but you think he's a bust eventhough you've never seen him play.

If you want answers to the statistics, then you should go to the college forum and see what boville's been posting, a person that's actually seen Gasol play.

------------------
    Is this what you wanted?!?
    Is this what you had in mind?!?
    Is this what you wanted?!?
    Cuz this this is what you're getting!!!
    I hope, I hope, I hope, you choke!!!

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Why are you so high on a dude you never seen play before? I never said Wallace would be a perfect fit I just said the windmill was bad ass that he did. And even if Griffin and Battier are gone by 6 we can still grab Rodney White or Joe Johnson.

To start with, I am basing somewhat on observations from the few people on this board who have actually seen him play. And, futhermore, that post was more aimed to dispute the notion that it would be a bad draft if we traded up for him than it was to say we should definitely do it. Remember, you haven't seen Gasol play either, and the Rockets may see something in him that they don't in White or Johnson, and they know more about scouting than any of us. All I'm saying is don't call it a bad draft when you haven't seen the guy play...

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

7. PUREBALL

PUREBALL Member

THE ROCKETS ARE ON THE VERGE OF BECOMING A CONTENDER IN THE WEST...WITH A FEW MORE TALENTED ATHLETES IN THE FRONT COURT TO RUN...I REPEAT RUN WITH FRANCIS AND MOBLEY...NOT SLOW NON ATHELETIC EUROPEAN PLAYERS, LIKE GASOL AND THE REST OF THEM. YOU WILL NEVER WIN WITH EUROPEAN PLAYER...I REPEAT NEVER WIN...AND DON'T BRING UP TONY KUKOC HE HASN'T WON ANYTHING SINCE M.J. RETIRED. CHEMISTRY IS VERY IMPORTANT IN THE NBA, YOU NEED ATHELETES WHO COMPLAMENT ONE ANOTHER AND EUROPEAN PLAYER DON'T HELP THE TEAM THE ROCKETS ARE BUILDING AROUND FRANCIS AND MOBLEY. DON'T FORGET HOW HOUSTON WASTED DRAFT PICKS ON BRYCE DREW AND M. TURKAIN. LET'S NOT DO IT AGAIN...PLEASE. TAKE A CHANCE ON A SPACE EATING CENTER LIKE BRENDON HAYWOOD AND A DERRICK McKEY/ROBERT HORRY CLONE IN TERRENCE MORRIS. DON'T GO EUROPE ON ME YOU'LL ONLY SET THIS TEAM BACK ANOTHER 5 YEARS.

------------------

8. enbehay

enbehay Member

Pureball, all caps are hard to read. I understand your sentiment. But like Cat, I trust our scouts, Rudy and CD. However, I personally hope we can secure a draft pick low enough to get a center of the future. (Sorry, Cat, I think Diop ultimately is going to be the class of the center draft.) Quality small forwards can be acquired or drafted during any given year. Franchise centers cannot. Sooooo....I'm looking forward to the end of the month to see whom we get.

------------------

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

...and I'm sitting here thinking that Europeans are known for playing "PUREBALL".

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I just think it will be a safe and better pick if we get Joe Johnson or White. Gasol won't be able to come to the Rockets until next year which means another average season.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Gasol won't be able to come to the Rockets until next year which means another average season.

If you're banking on the draft pick alone to rise from mediocracy to the elite level, you're wrong. The draft picks will be more to develop next year, like Collier and Langhi this year. I don't think Rudy has a significant role planned out for any draft picks. Also, Gasol in all likelihood will play next year. He will definitely play if selected in the top 6 (because he can then afford the buyout) and there is a reasonable chance he'll play if drafted from 7-10. I don't see much of a chance of him dropping past 6 anyway though...

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Boston wants to get Gasol and Troy Murphy. So if we stay at 13 then it is no chance he will be there.

------------------

13. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

i have seen footage of the guy and he led his team to a champioship single-handedly as the reports indicated..

he is the pride of spain and in their minds the real deal..

this was in spain so i can see the bias being there..

then again bryce drew led valparaiso to the sweet 16 and look at him now..

------------------
    "no matter how good she looks someone... somewhere..is tired of her sh*t"