1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Training Staff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djones, Nov 21, 2009.

1. djones

djones Member

I am a diehard Rockets fan and will always support any of the guys in Rocket Red. I do get frustrated with some of the players and share some of the same frustrations with TMac and many of you do. However as long as he is a Rocket, I want to see him do well.

The problem I have is our training staff. It seems that the are constantly missing the mark on injuries. The question each year of the Yao-Tmac reign, is can we stay healthy. TMac said all last year that something was not right with his knee, and he was told to play through the pain. Then he ends up needing a major knee surgery! Yao was told his injury would have him out 6 weeks and now out for an entire season! No when TMac says I'm ready, those same people that dropped the ball before say he is not. I don't have any trust in this training staff. Tell me what training staff in the NBA or any professional sports drops the ball on your top players the way ours has....

I don't post often, but had to get that one off my chest....

2. RyanB

RyanB Member

well; as a physician i can tell you that in Medicine: 1+1 is not 2
    it's not mathematics
    so when doctors differ and may say he can be out for 6 weeks, this does not mean that they are incompetent or lying but simply in medicine you can never say never
    with that said, keeping T-mac out could be a strategy of houston managers for some reasons: keeping the team chemistry, getting money from insurance..

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the doctors never said he wasnt ready, they said a month was about right to evaluate the injury again, that was all. I'm pretty sure they knew there was a possibility tmac would be ready somewhere within that month. The only one saying he's not physically ready is adelman, but that's from a coaching perspective, he's mostly refering to his basketball movement/conditioning, that's not injuriy related it's just takes time to condition your body again.

4. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

If it was possible to trade parts of an organization. I'd trade for the Phoenix Suns medical team. Their track record is ridiculous.

5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

It's still not clear that TMac actually needed the surgery he pushed to have. The training staff has had problems, but don't use Grady as an example.