1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Trading options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by STR8Thugg, Feb 11, 2011.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'll be sure to do that. thanks.

2. MONON

MONON Member

Hayes' defense isn't his problem It's his height or lack thereof that's the problem. All we need is a 6-11+, 260 lb mobile(I added mobile so someone wouldn't bring up Miller :grin: ) big that can play half the defense of Hayes & we'll be fine.

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Morey is going after less-proven talent most likely a player on a rookie contract that most likely doesnt weigh 260 pounds

Marcus Camby 6-11, 235 pounds
    Samuel Dalambert 6-11, 250 pounds
    Chris Kaman 7-0, 265 pounds
    Nene 6-11, 250 pounds
    or
    Hassan Whiteside 7-0, 235 pounds
    JaVale McGee 7-0, 252 pounds
    Hasheem Thabeet 7-0, 267 pounds
    who else?

4. STR8Thugg

agree to disagree. i think your completely wrong about hill. he is worthless...

5. devilsdandruff

you pretty said what we all already knew. and did not propose anything.
    well you did with melo and gasol. but these are already discussed numerous times. 35000 times like you said.
    sry. 1 star.

6. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Some people just want to be heard; despite what is said.
    [​IMG]
    Thing is, members here are sensitive to any new threads that consist of the word 'trade' (due to a bitter season) -hoping it to actually be new and valid information. Redundancy; opening a 'not so well' thread is a waste of time and a letdown.

So here you go, I'll help you out > Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas 2010-2011

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

The truth be told, they are relatively limited. The Rockets are the product of bad management and poor planning going back to the mid 90's. I don't see a quick fix, because I haven't seen one in sixteen years. Morey isn't going to land a superstar that is going to make us instant contenders, not going to happen. I fear that the slow and painful process of reloading will continue perhaps for several more seasons. The Rockets are masters at keeping the natives from open revolt, they will do just enough to keep us chasing the carrot.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I stopped reading at 35000

9. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

I'd be upset if we traded any of our quality players for a guy like Marc Gasol. Yes, he's good for a few block shots now and again but he's too inconsistent on the court. Case in point, he had a total of 2 rebounds in 2 games recently. That's 2 rebounds in 2 games for a guy that's 7 ft tall. Not that he's the worst center in the league but he he's a little on the slow side.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Broken up so I could read it without excedrin

What exactly prompted you to make a thread about your various opinions that could have each gone into appropriate existing threads?

11. STR8Thugg

ESPN Insider:

A possible Nash trade timeline
    3:36
    PM ET
    Steve Nash | Suns
    TopEmail

Despite the seeming inevitability of a Steve Nash trade by the Suns so they can begin to rebuild, team president Lon Babby has continued to publicly hold he's not on the block.

Nash has also reportedly not asked to get dealt as the trade deadline approaches on Feb. 24.

But as Bill Duffy, Nash's agent, told ESPN's Marc Stein this week, the summer could bring a different tune.

"Steve is a Phoenix Sun and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's the face of that franchise," Duffy said. "But logic dictates that it would be prudent for the Suns to start looking at their long-term future in the summer, so we would expect that they may entertain moving him during the summer. We are ready for that and we anticipate a very respectful process if they decide to look at starting over with a younger core."

If the Suns indeed look to trade Nash this coming summer, it's possible teams like the Knicks, Magic, Rockets, Hawks, Trail Blazers or Mavericks could all potentially get in the mix for his services.

12. Ketchup&Mustard

THIS. He's already posted more on his own thread than all the other posters combined. He probably wonders why he has negative rep points

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is how it starts out. You suggest trades the wolves attack. This is clutch. Welcome rookie. Let me be more civil. Yes thats what needs to happen in some form. Some people here use your newness as a vehicle to voice their displeasure because it mentions their favorite player. Please please dont open with Battier in any trade or this discusion could have went worse with a select few others. LMAO! :)

14. STR8Thugg

I got negative rep points by replying, "are you ****ing r****ded?!?" to someone

1 person likes this.
  15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I gave you some good rep.

16. STR8Thugg

Gracias amigo :grin: