1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was a personal decision by Prigs because there was not a contender that was willing to sign him at the time. Just like there would NOT be a contender that would sign Bobby Brown or Tyler Ennis If they were waived. Should have kept Prigs and Beasley, 100 percent. Still, not a huge deal and I can see the logic in trying Ennis on for future asset value.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Thanks for the compliment.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If a contender didn't want him as third string PG, why should we?

Quit saying a man who should retire should be our backup PG. It's just a hipster, cool kid contrarian argument to the facts of today ... Prigs is not a basketball player anymore.

No one picked him up because he was 39 yrs old and 3 yrs removed from his last season shooting over 30% from 3. He'd probably be more injury prone that Bev and Gordon at that creaky age. The only thing he brought was ability to run a practice squad and help a new coach quickly teach a star like Harden a new system (or a rookie PG if that was our need).

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Wrong again Partner. Prigs is much like John Stockton/Ray Allen in the way he takes care of his body and mind, and you can clearly see that in how he plays on the court, and even in preseason just a few months ago. He doesn't have 20 years of hard minutes on those legs of his, and he has essentially zero injury history. He was far better than Brown and Ennis, and he would have been superior to Ennis for 15 minutes a night with Bev down. Throwing up his shooting stats means ****, ass and balls, and for someone that has watched way too much Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier, you should know better. What Prigioni brings to the game with his intellect and toughness is invaluable, and it is foolish to think he wouldn't be better than Ennis or Brown. In my opinion, anyone that thinks as much has little to no credibility. Prigioni, old and retired, is STILL far superior to Brown and Ennis. He can STILL give you a couple minutes in a playoff game. Can Ennis and Brown? (The answer is NO)

Asian Sensation likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The same reason we would want Ennis or Brown, obviously.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it definitely does suck that we lost Beasley for nothing. there had to be better opportunities. But Morey has gotten so much more right this year than wrong; he gets a pass.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ha, well that has NEVER been my posting style :) I dont do Chris Broussard throw sh** up and see what sticks. Or Skip Bayless "make sh** an interesting MESS in place of accuracy". I dont care about hipster cred, I just post facts, be fair to everyone and keep it consistent.

Your opinion is just as speculative as mine actually. Still, I didnt say you were wrong, you're right probably. I didnt make up Prigs leading the team in 3pt%, I didnt make up cutting Ennis first before a rare abrupt change of mind, that all happened. I'm saying with all that there, can conclude that Ennis didnt earn his spot over Prigs, or Prigs played well enough, either of the 2. Prigs, Ennis, & Beasley dont mean enough to me to go against the grain for

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

It's only fair we gave away Beasley for nothing since we got him for nothing. Easy come easy go.

I know it wasn't ideal but **** it. Look at where we are now. We good.

RudyTBag and Patience like this.
  9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

It similar to williams replace brewer

10. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Rockets buys him next season

12. Fantasma Negro

No its ****ing not

13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

This trade doesnt make a single sense at all >_<
    Its not like pennis an upcoming promising talent at all
    Beasley was a former 2nd pick

Omg we could have used him for our thinning bench.

He whipped the celtics off the bench,against us when we played them and against okc

BigShasta likes this.
  14. jacoby

jacoby Member

He fouled out in like 9 minutes the game before tonight.

He's playing well on a terrible team with an offense that runs through him on the court. He doesn't play any defense and he stops the flow of the offense when he has the ball. Our bench is fine. I'd much rather have LMAM or PJ over Beasley.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Not enough rotation after we have injuries

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Tyler Ennis is even worse than "nothing".

17. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Rotation need mor player

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

who is to say he would have signed with us ?

19. hakeemthagreat

Yea this trade sucked then and sucks now. Beasley is instant offense. Nights like we had against the Lakers could've been a night we used Beasley. Beasley as a 3rd string scoring option is perfect for us

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You, me and clutchfans.net know Beasley would have never made it off the bench. MDA doesn't trust Beasley.

After losing to the Lakers there would have been at least 2 threads asking why MDA didn't play Beasley.

TMac'n likes this.