1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jeremy Lin, 2015 first round pick to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 11, 2014.

?

Do you like the move to trade Jeremy Lin & future first to LA?

1. YES

84.8%
  2. NO

15.2%
  1. 9495

9495 Member

As a Rockets fan, I have the right to express how I feel, whether you agree to you or not.

1 person likes this.
  2. blueice604

blueice604 Member

No, Kobe did a lot more than just offense. Don't look down on any championship ring holders.

3. Exel

Exel Member

Hindsight is 20/20, but man to lose Lin and draft picks for nothing just plain hurts. Morey could have waited an hour or two to see how Miami would react to LeBron leaving before executing the transaction.

Oh well, can't bat 1.000 and 2/3 ain't bad.

4. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

fantastic! Never followed Lakers now it's time!

5. SuperManRocketz

Love it..I like JLin and he helped us make to the playoffs..Lakers is a better fit for him thats for sure.He will shine there and they will fully use him as a pg unlike here...Rockets going to be in a bad position next season and not make the playoffs.. but i have faith..

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

right because kobe wants to give up the rock in the final quarter. not sure what planet you are living on.

7. SuperManRocketz

Lakers have someone that is capable of playing PG and Kobe needs help. They cant rely on him to do everything..im not expecting JLin to be the one in the final quarter and play like a star all of the sudden and save the lakers.... im just saying hes going have more usage compared to here in houston..We all know when JLin get hots Mcfail take him out the game and complain he is shooting too much to the media..Face it some houston fans(AKA haters) just hates him with no logic behind it..

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I never said he didn't. I said he won't defer to Lin and will get extremely frustrated with his erratic play and stupid mistakes. Kobe is a great player known for not putting up with low BBall IQ teammates which is exactly what Lin is.

9. helpourselves

helpourselves Member

Rockets will be firstrounder again this year.

10. bongman

bongman Member

No logic? How about the statement that since Lin is no longer with the Rockets that the team won't make the playoffs? Yes he helped, but only an unreasonable person would say that without him, we are nothing.

If you think the Lakers value him so highly, why did we have to pay them a draft pick so they can take him away compared to gaining one with Asik?

11. steady

steady Member

The first round pick the Rockets gave Lakers for Lin is protected in the Rockets' favor. If the pick is higher than mid twenties or something (I can't remember exact level), Lakers do not get it.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Kobe might not last the whole season with his aging body.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

U wot m8?

14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

At least Lin won't have to worry about last second bailouts now. :grin:

I'm happy for Lin. He gets a fresh start and will be mentored by Nash, and I think he'll put up solid numbers. Whether or not that will translate to wins is another story. Still kinda pissed we basically gave him up for nothing, but it was time to part ways.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. hat1

hat1 Member

Kobe is 35, Nash is 40, Lin is 25...With the mentors of Magic and Nash, Lin can become a really good PG. I am glad for Lin that he can finally back to his home state CA.

17. tadahito

tadahito Member

Hope the pick protection is still there when Dwight/Harden/Parsons get to opt out two years from now.
    It's better to give up the pick early than during a rebuild.

18. pakattak

pakattak Member

Bah. Woke up this morning still salty about this. I knew Lin had to be traded, but WHY THE LAKERS?!

19. SuperManRocketz

i also mention Parson and Asik too.if u read my other post.it seem like everybody getting attacked if we mention JLin ..im a rockets fan i just dont understand why some people here hate JLin so much and feel he dont deserve it.EVERY post is about JLin here...Lets keep it real , everyone is on his nuts like he killed their family..lol.. Other teams right now is improving and making moves to build their team stronger.we are losing pieces in our team.. Do you truly feel that what we have right now we can make the playoffs? our squad isnt even deep no more.. They better match Parson then ill change my mind..or get some great players..

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin holding purple and gold bouquet at LAX... MT <a href="https://twitter.com/Luv4theGame">@Luv4theGame</a>: Linsanity coming to the Lakers! Lakers pride! <a href="http://t.co/WR9GGlzsor">http://t.co/WR9GGlzsor</a></p>&mdash; KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinDing/statuses/488056400095244288">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]