1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Iman Shumpert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 6, 2019.

1. hakeemthagreat

YOLO doesn't think this is racist?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc that's what it would take to get porter? this is the problem. people that want to play gm and think its that easy. get a reality check please

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Dont misunderstand me. i totally agree n ur concerns arent baseless. I agree too

saleem likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

We could still shed enough salary to get completely under the luxury tax.

Shump and nene and a couple 2nds to Atlanta for Dedmon and taurean prince.

If you feel that's not enough for prince replace him with justin anderson and we still avoid the tax

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i see no reason why a 2019 late 1st round pick at best is going to help the rockets and what they're trying to do in the near future

it saved tilman some money yes. but it also netted a rotational player at the wing position with championship experience compared to 2 useless ones taking up spots for no reason.

Smacktle, cbs1507, Possum and 3 others like this.
  6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

The Rocket debt tho..... sheeesh!

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Eric Gordon
    PJ Tucker
    Clint Capela

Austin Rivers
    Iman Shumpert
    Gerald Green
    Kenneth Faried

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not down on Shump, but I think the majority of the reaction is from the Macro transaction of the Ryan Anderson trade. Or maybe I'm not reading the room correctly. people may really dislike Iman Shumpert.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Lol ! Didn’t even know he was still in the nba

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol are you sure you're even reading the right posts muchacho?

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just said in the other thread but, we have a ton of guards/small wings:

Paul, Rivers, Baldwin, Harden, Gordon, Stauskas, Green, Shumpert, House, Ennis...even if we consider House and Ennis 3/4, there're 8 players for 2/3 spots, and seems like we're still after guards/wings bought out...our front court is thin in comparison so, i actually expect at least another move.

11. PWR

PWR Member

Add Enes Kanter (about to be bought out by Knicks) as your backup PF. That's not too shabby.

12. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

I could care less about Knight and Chriss. I care about draft picks, which have real trade value. Chump owners give away first rounders to cut costs, good owners covet them for cheap in-house team building and for trading. And I do care about Knight's and Chriss's salaries, which would have been enough to match Otto Porter in a trade. A good owner allows Morey to do that.

Little Bit and mike2k132 like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Remember there was a time when the Rockets had only Power Forwards for depth. lol.. good times.

Smacktle, cbs1507, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

logical move... decent - not great...

Giving a lottery protected 1st (and lets be honest, we're not going to be in the lottery... so thats gone...) and a 2nd...

and Tillman saves a load of cash... this year and next...
    and we at least get someone playable for Knight and Chriss...

not great... but something...

SS0101 likes this.
  15. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

Porter just got salary dumped for nothing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Mother f**k!

Only hope is him getting flipped. I don't see anything about multiple picks being given up but now I see a lottery protected 1st being given up.

Damn it.

17. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Porter is trash this year(not better than Shumpert), the Bulls made a huge mistake offering Portis for him and taking back his toxic contract.

bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

The crying is a bit ridiculous. Crashing the damn site lol. That's the first time I've seen it happen since I've been on here (and I've been on for a few years). I'm no salary cap guru (obviously) but I know enough to know that the Rockets don't have many movable assets nor do they have the cap room for a marque player. That boat sailed when they signed Ryan Anderson to an 80 million dollar deal.

I get that the soft target here is Morey, but its important to remember that a GM is an employee just like anybody else. Morey doesn't call any shots with the team, Tilman does. He's the money and thus has the final say. If Tilman wants to cut costs....then guess what is going to happen if people in the organization want their jobs?

Basketball is a business first and foremost.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol then your priorites are jacked up then and you would be one of one of those gm's that would be just like billy king. youre a perfect example

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I really think the Rockets will get under the tax. It will be the easiest of the next three years to do so.

Only way I see it not happening is if something big falls in the Rockets laps.

hakeem94 likes this.
  21. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We can't aggregate any new players in a trade for salary matching. But you can trade them to one team, as long as it is worked out as two separate transactions.

#340 heypartner, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019