1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Hornets guard Kirk Snyder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

I know alot of you dont always use Hollinger's Player Effeciency Rater or PER stat on espn.com but i find it is decently accurate. he sets the league average at 15.00. last season Snyder increased his rating from 8.48 to 14.67. Every single number went up. There was no outbursts from him. This looks like a moneyball move. He has PER numbers were better than Ben Gordon, Stephen Jackson and Cutino Mobley. Moneyball.

2. anitasri

anitasri Member

A good deal- but just hoping this is not our Starting SG! If they sign Richie Frahm, I have a feeling we may not get another SG for now!

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

4. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/2004.asp

Snyder was drafted ahead of some pretty notable players in the 2004 NBA Draft. Just to name a few: Josh Smith, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, Delonte West, Trevor Ariza, and Anderson Varejao.

5. rocketsmetalspd

I hope the Rocket's plan B will include other players. As for Synder at least the Rockets didn't have to give much to to get him.

6. frostycd1

frostycd1 Member

wow, yawn, strech, zzzzzzzz

7. docgundy

docgundy Member

People say Snyder is JVG type player, but actually he is. He brings the culture that JVG has sought. We didn't use any of the MLE, so this is a steal. All we need to do is land Marcus Banks now and sign JL3 without overpaying and then get Cato for the vet min, and we're set.

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Actually if he can get along with Van Gundy this will be huge for the upcoming season, we needed the length and athleticism.

Snyder will have to play defense to get along, but if he does try on the defensive end this will be a steal - could be a chemistry maker....

9. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

He is making around 1.5 Million this year.

10. arjun

arjun Member

its funny how 1 good move has put a good taste in all of our mouths, and has given us hope, its just kirk snyder but we rocket fans are starving for the rockets managements to make some moves which are clearly good moves for us, good start keep it up cd

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm sure the Spurs and Mavs are scared now.

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I am not going to hold the Stack incident against him. Stack is notorious for being hard core (see Finals v. Shaq) -

13. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Could he be mad max 2 in terms of bringing back the tough guy mentality to the team?

Yeah, but he's not even close to the 3 point shooter that mad max was.

14. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Here is the Hornets.com Official Press Release:

Hornets Trade Kirk Snyder To Houston

July 14, 2006

OKLAHOMA CITY - The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets announced today that they have traded guard Kirk Snyder to the Houston Rockets in exchange for cash considerations and a conditional 2008 second round pick (the Hornets will receive the higher second round draft slot between the two teams in the 2008 NBA Draft).

“Although Kirk played a part in our resurgence last season, the recent and impending moves we’ve made this summer would have left him with a limited role,” said General Manager Jeff Bower. “Making this trade gives us the flexibility to continue to make improvements to our team.”

Snyder averaged 8.0 points and 2.4 rebounds in 68 games with the Hornets last season. He was originally acquired by the team from Utah in a five-team, 13-player deal on August 2, 2005.

“Kirk is a talented player and I think the abilities and athleticism he possesses will make him a good fit for the Rockets,” said Hornets Head Coach Byron Scott. “We wish him the best of luck for next season and for the continued development of his career.”

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/Hornets_Trade_Snyder_13Jul2006.html

15. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

However, Stack did kick his a$$ in the hallway after that game.

16. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Mike James Who?

I'd rather have Snyder and sign JLIII

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This was a steal. A heck of a steal. Almost a way to complete the Moochie trade, since we traded with the same team........

A simple way to bolster our depth.

Now, we need another guard or two. How much of the TE is left?

Is Carlos Delfino any good? He gets no PT in Detroit and makes the same amount as Luther, is 6'6"....

18. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

I totally agree.
    great move.

19. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

ok... so he can't fight - again, Stack has had more practice and even took out the Daddy :p

20. arjun

arjun Member

u wud? i wudnt