1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Hornets guard Kirk Snyder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ron413, Jul 14, 2006.

1. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

No knuckleheads, huh?

Personally, I think it's a great deal, but he doesn't seem to be a JVG-type player. I hope we didn't deal for him just to have JVG bench him after an outburst or 2.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe we could use a punk.

I look forward to finding out more about him. The fact that he wasn't on the radar screen around here, and elsewhere, could actually be a good sign, and I agree that it's great that we didn't (apparently) have to give up any players or major assets. :cool:

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Great pickup. He is young and has skills. He is cheap and add youth to backcourt. Nice move CD. Now they need to sign Marcus Banks.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

At least he is YOUNG and athletic and has decent height.

But Byron Scott basically said this summer that Snyder hasn't progressed NEARLY as far as he would have hoped. He was going to be benched. Not sure that is a good sign for how he is developing as a player.

And then you throw out what a couple of people have mentioned in the "Taunting" incident when Snyder played in Utah...doesn't seem like a JVG type of player to me.

This is going to be interesting.

So, to get Snyder did we use our Trade Exception? We had 2 right? A smaller TE and then the larger 4.2TE? Does Snyder fit into our smaller TE?

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Splash!! OK, so maybe it's not that big of a deal, but the guy did take a starting spot from JR Smith.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Quick, someone please post that picture synder taunting scream at Gundy.
    Why both Utah and Hornets gave up on him real quick. They guy from what I heard and saw is a thug.

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Byron Scott rips a lot of his players. He ripped Kidd in NJ, and JR Smith and Snyder is NO.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Is this guy a cancer in the clubhouse or something? Sounds like we didn't give **** for him.

he sure was an ahole when he was with the jazz.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Solid pickup. Snyder will give us some depth in our backcourt and FINALLY we add some size.

Looking at his stats: 8ppg 2.4rpg 1.5apg is okay, but then you see that he did this in only 19mpg and shooting 45%.

10. ymc

ymc Member

Great pickup but why would NO unload him? :confused:

11. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

well, guys can change in a different environment.
    He won't pull that s@#t here or tracy will put a foot up his a@#

12. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Sura said it was because he made a racial comment, either directed at Sura or Yao...

"Snyder compounded matters by acting like an idiot. After a dunk against Houston he began taunting the Rockets' bench; Sloan went old school on him and suspended him. Later in the year Snyder got into a fight with Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse in a hallway after a game. Adding injury to insult, reports indicated he got his butt kicked."

Statistically he did alot better his 2nd year. shooting 45%, scoring 8 points 1.5 assists, 2.4 rebounds. He has size, in esssense replaces out going Bogans.

13. Pulp

Pulp Member

Career Highlights
    # Tallied a career high 15 points against the Blazers on 4/17/05
    # Dished out a career high 3 assists on 3/19/05 against the Wizards

the guy shot 46/129 from behind the arc last season, not a sharp shooter by any stretch, sounds like a Keith Bogans clone, but younger of course

14. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

15. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

great pickup, and we don't have to give up anything meaningful!

He can be a bench or actually start

16. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Finally, I know Kirk Snyder has had problems, but that's what has dropped his value so we could snatch him up. I completely forgot about him, and I'm giving credit where credit is due. Finally we have some youth, size, athleticism and talent at the 2 position, even if it is with some baggage. I feel like I can breathe again. Thank God, even if it isn't everything I'm just glad there's something positive I can say.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Career highs:

28 points
    12 assists
    6 rebounds

Average last year:

8 points
    1.5 assists
    2.1 rebounds
    .4 steals
    .3 blocks
    .357 from the arc

18. arjun

arjun Member

19. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

JVG said Yao and TMac were surrounded by a bunch of milk drinkers and he wanted some tough players to put around his 2 stars.

He must see Snyder as a tough guy.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Now, Is JVG out of the loop on this one again. :D