1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Camby to Knicks for Douglas, Jordan, Harrelson, 2nd round picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Do you like the trade of Camby to NYK for Douglas, Harrelson, Jordan, 2nd rnd picks?

1. YES

573 vote(s)
    87.6%
  2. NO

81 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

BE CAREFUL BRO! IF YOU POST ANY REAL TALK LIKE THIS THE LEGION OF MOREY FAN BOYS WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND POST SOMETHING ANGRY AND OFFENSIVE ABOUT YOU BECAUSE THEY MAD!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't be silly...Knicks need/want Lin more than Camby.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow, and I was wondering who "Margrave" was, but DD didn't occur to me. That's a serious no-no. Hard to believe that he would be that dense. OK, maybe, maybe no on the dense comment.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually, I thought it interesting that while DM the GM screwed over the Knicks financially on Lin then effected a nice little deal to them for Camby.

(Of course, there is the truism that DM the GM is the master of the small deal. C'mon, guy, hit the walk-off homer!)

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think the Asik deal is screwing someone. Lin's deal, imo, is market value that Lin would get from another team if Houston doesn't do it. His offer is less than Dragic got, afterall.

7. Toast

Toast Member

Les Alexander saw it with Yao. Lin will earn his paycheck, easy. Definitely not overpaying vs. the value you get back.

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

So 2 accounts is a no-no. I did not know that. He was the Dirk Nowvitski of flopping err flip-flopping.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know how Clutch feels about having two acounts (not good is my guess), but having two accounts and using them is something else altogether.

#449 Deckard, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Clutch,

Do you have more than one account?

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I recall someone asking if DD may have gotten himself banned from Clutchfans. Wow - you'd have to have committed something incredibly treasonous for Clutch to take that step.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Does it count as multiple accounts if you have an alter ego?

Couldn't Dekard be like Batman or something? He and Clutch have never been in the same room in public.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not good.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It fits DD's M.O. He's used more than one account before. Even replied to himself.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Multiple accounts are multiple accounts. Some members have more than one because they changed user names, sometimes years ago, and never bothered to delete the old one. I recall reading that a couple of times over the years from one member or another when the subject came up. They don't use the "extra" accounts, so I doubt that Clutch cares. It's using them simultaneously that matters. After DD's run in with Clutch that got his green bars canned, he clearly attempted to dial down the DD persona. Maybe he just couldn't stand doing that and simply began using another account(s) to "say what he wanted to say." Pretty stupid, if true, with all due respect to DaDakota.

Me? I have one account, and that's plenty, don't you think? And I'm not Batman, although I wish I had his creative talent as a theatre director and playwright. Hell, I'm flattered by the comment. As for Clutch, we've exchanged e-mails from time to time. He knows who I am, if he's interested.

(imagine an image of Rick Deckard balancing on a tightrope, swaying back and forth on the verge of falling two hundred stories to his doom!)

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Totally off topic, but on occasion there's a place for a new account (provided Clutch's approval).

Sometimes a poster becomes too notorious for their own good, and can't post without everything becoming about them instead of the discussion. DD definitely got to that point. He brought most of it on himself, but he could no longer post at all without 4-5 people dishing out insults or antagonizing.

If he went into "witness protection" as a way to end the problem, great.

Hopefully he also adjusts certain things (rabbit ears) so that history doesn't repeat itself. An unnamed tool that frequents the Texans forum landed into my ignore list (pop. 4) after making clear he was a king of shifting sands arguments and would occasionally chase me around to instigate them. Another poster later joined the list for similar reasons...and lo and behold it turns out they were one and the same.

17. HakeemYaoMing

HakeemYaoMing Member

Not including the Asik and Linn offer sheets I think we have 16 or 17 guys on the payroll. Crazy. I heard on NBATV a big part of the Camby deal was cash considerations.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I ain't skerrred. ;)

I've been preaching how this team was overrated for at least 2 seasons and just now the masses are starting to catch on. I didn't want to blame Morey then because I believed he was doing a good job. No more. No more treading water. No more coasting along directionless. It's time to put up or shut up. The picks acquired in this trade are (meh....late 2nd round) ok, but the non-guaranteed contracts are only good if we can parley them into something and I just don't see teams being desperate enough to move anyone noteworthy, especially Dwight, for non-guaranteed contracts (and picks) at this point. Maybe come the deadline, but those "assets" will be released by then, so it's a moot point.

19. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice! :-D-