1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Battier to Grizzlies for Thabeet, first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freeze00up, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, it's not the front office's fault that Yao and McGrady got injured. As for the rest of the changes made, I don't think there's much to fault the front office about. They've been decent moves, just not good enough to overcome the injuries. I really can't think of one that I would definitely not have made for the sake of "stability."

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

There was so much young talent sitting on the Rockets' bench languishing behind Battier, everybody should be happy that he's back in Memphis so that guys like Budinger and T-Will can develop.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While Battier's departured helped a bit, its the 2 and 4 where we are stacked too deeply.

If you look at our rotation players natural or best position only, our roster looks like this:

Lowry PG
    Dragic PG
    Martin SG
    Lee SG
    Twill SG
    Bud SF
    Pat PF
    Scola PF
    Hayes PF
    Miller C

4. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Quick question concerning the trade deadline and the other potential trades for the Rockets .... Normally by now we have heard of several 'almost trades' but I haven't seen anything except Lee going to Chicago --

Did I miss anything? What other, or should I say, better option was available?

Thanks for any feedback --

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Battier and Brooks for Marcus Camby(Portland)
    Battier for Jason Kapono and Mareese Speights(Philadelphia)
    A deal for Jonny Flynn though not sure of the specifics(one report said Flynn for Brooks OR Jeffries) and never sure how close it was.

6. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Thanks!! -- Interesting
    I might have been up for the potential trade for Speights vs Thabeet
    As for Camby -- Would have been nice to have him 5yrs ago instead of our current young team today.

Again - Thanks for the info