1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Scott Machado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 4, 2012.

1. jlfans

jlfans Member

He will be a good backup PG in the rotation. We need him.

2. Drew^0^

Drew^0^ Member

Machado got ego problems, who needs to understand that being arrogant is different from being confident. He made ego when he had no contract yet...

3. Prince

Prince Member

i also like this but i hope he get along with Lin.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I didnt know that the weight of the Rockets season landed on the shoulders of one of 4 PG's auditioning to become the Rockets backup PG this upcoming season... oh and that player has only a partially guaranteed contract.

This is a similar signing to Jeff Adrien, Greg Smith, or Courtney Fortson. Not really something that will re-shape the direction of the franchise.

However, IF he wins the backup PG position over Douglas, Livingston, Fortson, then he's got a bright future in the league. Douglas and Livingston both have alot of prove this season that they still belong in this league, and Fortson also wont taken this signing lightly to his ego.

I would expect that Douglas will eventually win out the backup PG position, and the Rockets will find a way to keep Machado on the 15 man roster, and let him run the RGV Vipers for the first couple months of the season. If one of the PG's gets injured then he might get called up, but its going to a huge challenge for Machado to win out the backup PG position in just a few weeks of training camp when Douglas and Livingston already have NBA experience, and a chip on their shoulders.

1 person likes this.
  5. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Glad they got him! Love his game and the potential is there..great news!

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Splash!!!!......NBA Finals Baby!!!!....:p:):p:):p

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I always forget about Douglas and Livingston somehow, don't know why, you're right. Guess in two days I'll forget about them again.

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

how many players do we have on the roster right now?

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

20 I believe.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets now have the maximum permitted 20 players on their roster, which number must be cut down to 15 by the start of the regular season.

Of those 20, a whopping 18 have full or partially guaranteed contracts.

Barring a big (or multiple small) trades--for which I am not exactly holding my breath--it looks like the Rockets will end up eating some salaries of waived players. Fortunately, with the Rockets below the salary cap, they at least are in a position to do that. However, with cap room being a potential trade asset during the season, eating salary in October could marginally hurt them during trade season.

1 person likes this.
  11. bongman

bongman Member

with all due respect, you are doing the same thing that Machado is doing (claiming to know). Talking like you are the greatest talent evaluator and better than the combined Rockets staff.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XM5E7YdMHnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Now he has a better team to run with.;)

13. YaosDirtyStache

First off, I cant take you seriously with the name BONGMAN.

Second, I am a talent evaluator as are you...you watch someone and evaluate if they are a scrub or not. I have evaluated that Machado is a scrub with an unjustified ego...he balled at IONA for Christ Sake. He wasnt even good enough for a mid level program like UTSA.

14. bongman

bongman Member

Kettle meet pot, pot meet kettle (for your comments about my name). LMAO. That tells me and everybody else in this garm how prejudice you are with how you evaluate other people or players for that matter. You take your first impression and that's all you need to know. SMH.

You say you don't evaluate with unjustified ego and yet you talk in absolutes like "Machado is a srub". . Even the wisest and smartest of all men don't make conclusions that way. Just curios, how many of his games have you watched and analyzed or are you just going with the summer league games? If it is the latter, then you need to re-read the first paragraph of this post again.

I myself am not thoroughly impressed by Machado with very little of what I have seen of him. But I trust (to a certain degree) that the Rockets organization that I love, hired people who are capable of evaluating prospects. People who have more time, film and the option to look at him everday during practice. When you reach a conclusion that he is a scrub, you are basically unconsciously stating that you are better than them. Unjustified ego? Think again.

15. YaosDirtyStache

I have you know that the name Yaos Dirty Stache is a prestigious name passed down generation to generation. I wear it with a badge of honor and the fact that you dont know about the YDS name only reinforces my belief that you are a plebeian.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Again, kettle meet pot...right back at you. do you know the origin of my name bongman? Bong is the nickname my parents gave me since I came out of my mother's womb. It's a very common name from where I was raised. It has nothing to do with my personal characteristics or my recreational habits. The fact that you don't know this, does that make you a plebeian too?

As though being a plebeian is somehow insulting to me. LOL. It really exposes what you think of yourself and others around here. SMH

17. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

Great Signing

Machado looked fantastic in Las Vegas and will be an excellent player for the Rockets. I am looking forward to watching Machado develop with all the new rookies.

18. YaosDirtyStache

Nothing would make me a plebeian, I have too much money to ever be called that. I just dont see why youre up on Machado like he is some game changer, he is a 3rd string or camp cut AT BEST.

Too slow, no D, no shot. SO what if he can pass? This is a league built on team ball movement now...Name a championship team in the last 10 years that had a "great passing" pg.

Only the Celtics. And Rondo is 100x the player Machado is, as evidenced by not only being a 1st round draft pick but also the copious amounts of All NBA defensive teams he has been on, lead the NBA in steals, and been an all star.

He is a scrub, wont see the bench, and may never see the court. Itll be a sad day when he gets more than 10 minutes in a game.

19. bongman

bongman Member

I am happy for you that you have too much money. But having wealth does not necessarily equate to wisdom nor reading comprehension. When did I ever make the statement that Machado was going to be a game changer or a bust? I merely pointed out that you were doing the same thing you were accusing Machado off - egotistical. For somebody who claims to have a lot of money, you certainly lack the skills to pay attention to details.

I am glad that your sadness might be postponed as I am not as lucky. My sadness started now when I realized that certain so called "Rockets fan" can't celebrate the success of one of the team's players.

Unlike you, my conclusions that "I don't have to take you seriously" is based on my interactions with you and not from prejudice. Adios, can't say it was a pleasure.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I actually think Scott should back up Lin. None of the other options are better than Scott.