1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Scott Machado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Sep 4, 2012.

1. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Thanks or the update!

The blueprint for an undraftee to succeed in NBA:
    - Rockets waive him.
    - GSW or another team picks him up.
    - Plays during garbage time following year .
    - Waived again by his team.
    - Picked off of waiver by Knicks.
    - Creates Machasanity in New York.
    - Becomes a RFA.
    - Morey offers another poison pill contract.
    - Knicks dont match.
    - Machado can finally play beside Lin!

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I had a feeling he would make it during summer league. I also have a feeling that he is going to win over a lot of the naysayers.

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

is coachbadlee Leslie Alexander?

4. mirus

mirus Member

:confused: ??
    I read the article ( yeah google translate).it looks like he's represented positively there.
    It seems that the ny media purposefully misrepresent him in a less favourable light.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Mas Machado...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PQcW-35bKZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. luden

luden Member

Since you're such a Machado fan, I'm assuming you understand where the Lin fans are coming from?! Let's hope so because you are the definition of a MOF.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So i am a Machado fan because i made a few comments and put up a video?

8. luden

luden Member

Based on what Ive seen you post about Machado, yes you are. You seem excited and hopeful for the kid just like some of the Lin fans. There is nothing wrong with being a fan of a player.

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

again, back up plan in case lin doesn't hold up. face it, general managers make back-up plans. Look at the lakers and how they kept gasol in case Howard either leaves in free agency or gets injuried.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do you understand where the Lin fans are coming from? They're bashing a player because of their love for another player. Nobody has gotten a chance to prove anything yet.

Being positive about Machado is not the same as being negative about Lin because you like Machado (or vice versa).

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I still have faith in Toney Douglas. He should have fully recovered from his shoulder surgery by now. He just needs his confidence back.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IDK. I guess you could consider me a ROF(rebuilding only fan) or (rookie only fan). Yeah, that's it.

13. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

This signing reminds me of my Jets and the trade for Tebow just without all the hype.

We sign Lin a one hit wonder to this stage in his career (this is not an accusation of fault, just a fact)

We work out Machado like him sign him as well

Both are equally talented, what will separate them is development of skill set, limiting TOs, +/- ratio, and ability to defend in iso situations.

Personal preference I'd take Machado, but I am ecstatic to watch the competition because both players are going to bring it.

Ultimately I do see Lin winning out the position due to the status & larger plate of responsibility due to the contract he just signed. But hey Machado just signed as well, and all players should be held to the same standard no matter size of contract.

The unique thing about this is McHale he really does play the favoritism card, from what I saw last year he played who was giving the team the best opportunity to win.

Lastly its not who starts the game but who finishes.

Amped for the season to begin !!

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Neither can defend ISO situation. Lin can defend the pnr, Machado can't defend at all. In terms of closing games it will be Lin on the court seeing as how he was a pretty efficient closer last year as seen from the eye test & statistics. I wish Machado the best of luck but it's his rookie season. He played in a weak division in college from what I remember so there will be some transition. I doubt there will be a ton of competition for the starting spot.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I feel Machado might mesh better with our 2nd unit than say Tony Douglas would at the 1 since Douglas is more of an undersized Sg. Do I think Machado is a better player than Douglas? As of right now no. Is he a better traditional PG? yes. I haven't seen too much of the kid, and I am not about to go watch hours of youtube videos to become a Machado expert. Point is, I hope Machado does well as I can see him being this year's Ish Smith.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Please define "one hit wonder".

Based on what?

Judge based on reason and logic and truth, not just your eyes. Your inherent prejudice will be a road block as an aspiring "Future NBA Scout". Oh wait... no it won't.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It certainly looks that way. I hope that team defense will help him out. I am also hoping that he becomes better defensively as the season and his career progresses.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I agree. Like Kyrie Irving is abysmal defensively. You don't have to be a great defender to do well in the NBA. Not saying that Machado will play like Kyrie. If Scott can model his game after somebody like Andre Miller he can have a productive NBA career.

19. thisiscaketown

[​IMG]