1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign James Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Dec 30, 2012.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think we can start trading December, deadline is in February.

If you cut/waive someone, you still need to pay his salary. Not sure whether that salary counts against our cap space. But you free up a roster spot.

2. Big Red Machine

I'm familiar with James Anderson since high school, so again, you're off base. It's not a case of me getting excited just because he signed with Houston. In fact, if you had read my entire post or not just cherry picked for your rebuttal, I said I didn't even know if he's a regular NBA player. He hasn't really got much of a chance.

You can't expect a young player to be able to easily rise above inconsisent playing time. He's never gotten a real chance to play through struggles that most young players have. To call the guy a scrub based off that is, again, ignorant.

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

salary still count on cap space

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Thanks for the clarification!

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Who would he replace?

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

See, my post wasn't only targeted you for getting excited about this scrub, but for most posters on this thread. I didn't cherry pick anything in your post. You claiming that my observation about James being a scrub is based off inconsistent playing time... I've seen him play in summer league (whole games, mind you) and in consecutive games (3-4) where he's getting consistent playing time. In those games, he blew it. He didn't even show potential or something to warrant more playing time like our own Terrence Jones has. He reeks of low B-Ball IQ, has terrible ball-handling, and is a ball stopper. You are the ignorant one here.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

To clarify further, in those consecutive games he would fail to show promise, Pop would give him ANOTHER 3-4 games to show something yet he always failed. He is exactly the type of player that makes you scratch your head. Think Terrence Williams, but WORSE.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, if it's a mental thing, that's actually good. Since perhaps his release and subsequent DLeague helped shape him up. Overall, I wouldn't worry too much about his red flags. The Rockets aren't investing much into him. Except Cook's salary matching potential in any given trade.

If anything, this likely means we're not going to see a blockbuster trade at the deadline. Otherwise, you'd think Cook's $3mil expiring would be worth hanging on to.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

drip.... Chairs moving at the end of the bench.

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

2 year with team option in 3rd signing for minimum $$, worth a try. Players usually player diffrenent when on new teams. Look at our beloved Zbo and how long it took for him to be a top player instead of a bonehead

11. jocar

jocar Member

Feigan said "expect COOK to be cut"

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

Yup, what's your point?

13. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He's raw , for sure.

And limited in terms of dribbling with mostly his left hand 85-90%.

But he's a good shooter that can get hot in volume but also consistent enough, given playing time, to knock down consistently.

Unlike you, I've watched him play throughout his college career and he showed the same type of potential that he displayed during his brief time with the Spurs playing before he got injured.

You are basing your judgement off of freakin SL.

And you compared him to Terrance Williams.
    JA is the farthest thing from TW. He still has a lot to learn and very raw instinctively and skillwise aside from his shooting ability, but he is a very good kid and good teammate/hard worker, and oh, he's only 23 still.

Terrance Williams? You kidding me , bro?

14. Big Red Machine

Yet the Rockets are going to waive a player with a guaranteed contract (possibly) for him.....

I'll take their opinion over a know-nothing fan that calls NBA players "scrubs". You remind me of Knicks fans talking about Toney Douglas when he was traded. You don't respect players so I don't respect your thoughts or opinions.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

What the heck... I didn't say SL only, I told you I saw him in many games during the regular season. He is the same as T-Will in the sense that he has the same athletic ability but none of the brains to actually make a positive impact on the court. He cannot play within a team. He is a disappearing act while on the court.

HE DID have potential before the injury. But ever since, he never got it back. I think the injury messed him up bad and took all the potential away.

And lol @ the guy who thinks I don't respect players. Just because I'm not excited for a scrub means I don't respect players. Riiiight.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

[​IMG]

How hard is it to understand that teams need depth? We're probably signing the guy for practice, and POSSIBLY to play if someone gets hurt.

17. Big Red Machine

You think calling a player a "scrub" is respectful?

You describe James Anderson as if he's played himself out of the league, but actual events are telling a different story.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Listen, I'm just reacting to the way people are acting in this thread like he's the second coming, like we got a steal. My point is that Coach Pop is the best coach in the NBA at getting the most out of players and if he couldn't do it with James (and he had a lot of patience) I highly doubt we could either. As someone said above, he's probably just someone we need in practice. Who guards Harden in practice anyway? Cook? Yeah, we needed someone who has the same physical attributes. A lot of people here already hate McHale and now they're believing we're going to get something from James?

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

20. Big Red Machine

Who is acting like he's "the 2nd coming"? There may have been a couple of overly optimistic, naive posts, but you're acting like everyone is ripping their shirtd off and running around their house screaming with excitement. If anything, the vast majority of the posts in this thread have been inquisitve or based in confusion. It appears that you're just looking for the opportunity to **** all over James Anderson. You come across as a gigantic hater because there really is no abundance of unwarranted excitement over this signing.