1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to sign James Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

Are we still signing Beverly...Anderson and Beverly would be sick!!

2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Delfino might be traded now cause Anderson will not get minutes behind Harden

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know how good an NBA player this guy is. But Cook clearly doesn't cut it. So I don't mind the Rockets taking a flyer on him.

Some people think we are getting too many perimeter players. On the contrary, we have too few. We only have two legit perimeter backup, Douglas and Delfino. We need two guys who are better than Delfino and Cook or Parsons will be run to the ground.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Anderson is the perfect wing in the Rockets system. He has no illusions about being a facillitator so he will not try to handle the ball. He will will either shoot, drive or swing it when he gets the rock.

In that order. Plus he has a greater wingspan and is a much better defender than Cook. His work ethic and Spurs experience is the cherry on top. Great fit on paper.

5. conquistador#11

great size for a guard, good hands, quick feet, can shoot when left open
    (have no idea who he is. glad morey does though)

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Don't be too excited about this guy. He sucked everytime I watched him play with the Spurs.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

I skimmed through the thread.. A LOT of people are going to be disappointed. This guy is nothing but a scrub. If the best developmental team for scrubs couldn't develop this guy, what makes you guys think he could develop here? Pop gave this guy many chances. He blew ALL of them.

8. Big Red Machine

He actually wasn't given very many chances in SA. Got hurt as a rook and then got caught up in a numbers game when Neal emerged. He played well for them this season but had to be let go when Leonard came back.

You're off base.

He might not be a regular NBA player but to act like he's been given a ton of chances is just ignorant.

2 people like this.
  9. Jedster

Jedster Member

I think it's becoming clearer that Morey got Aldrich and Cook as sort of throw ins to the Harden deal. I don't think he actually ever wanted them.

He's playing Aldrich alot to see if Aldrich has any potential at all, and he's giving up on Cook. If Aldrich doesn't do better soon, he's on the way out one way or another for sure.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The fact that Pops speaks highly of him is good enough for me. That Spurs system is amazing for how they integrate veterans with youngsters so seamlessly.

Cook contributed nothing but shooting, and quite spotty too. Wasn't even a cheerleader on the bench.

I'm sure a team like DET, CHA or MINN can pick him up.

Aldrich should be on the watch because if we can't swing for another deal, he's gonna get cut too. Beverley needs the space, and that guy is like Brandon Jennings v. 2

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Oh, and Beverley's agent might be wanting a better deal since his client has Euro experience and that's what's holding up the deal.

But yeah, we're shoring up our bench.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Gee, you think just maybe a call or two has been made?

13. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

in the words of clyed YOU THINK

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

last time i checked trade deadline is in feb. not december

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing that James Anderson has more than one offer to join an NBA team right now.

Funny how someone mentioned Greg Smith, because I think this may be a similar situation (contractually-speaking).

Last year, after a few weeks of tearing up the D-League, Greg Smith started drawing interest from multiple NBA teams, and he started receiving offers. The Rockets, meanwhile, had a full 15-man roster under contract, including Jeff Adrien, a guy of whom they actually thought highly. However, they didn't want Smith (and his higher ceiling) to slip away after developing him in training camp and at RGV. So, Morey sucked it up, waived Adrien, and signed Smith to a three-year deal.

This year, with a full 15-man roster, perhaps the Rockets face the same situation now with Anderson. White still takes up a spot (for now). Machado is either showing enough promise or may be replaced soon by Beverley (his contract guarantee runs out pretty soon). Someone's got to go.

Since I think Morey would ideally like to hold onto Cook's expiring contract for the February trade deadline for salary-matching purposes, there must be SOME sort of pressure to sign Anderson right now. Other offers from NBA teams had to be the reason IMO.

I sure would like to see how these roster moves play out, as it could be telling of the Rockets' plans for the next few months.

1 person likes this.
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Actually I watch the Spurs daily, read @ Spurstalk daily. Why don't you see their opinion of him? They're pissed off at him because he's been given many chances. So no, I'm not off base. This is just another typical Clutchfans getting excited for a new youth player type deal.

18. AFS

AFS Member

Harden seems to be closer with that $80m he's gonna get paid and the booty models it'll get him. He'll be fine.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, trades can only be effected in...Feb? So, if you ned a roster slot you just cut someone?

20. torocan

torocan Member

Young and athletic player. Looks like he has a decent outside shot.

If he plays defense he'll fit in nicely.

We'll see. :grin: