1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TBJr7, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You reeeeeeeeeeeally think Gordon will get a new contract here? That Morey won't find a way to replace him with someone cheaper? PSHAW!

The other expiring contracts that "are unmovable so far" have probably not been moved because the right deal isn't there. Not enough sellers yet, what with parity / mediocrity ("we can still make the playoffs!") going on.

topfive likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why would there be any rush to unload Knight and Chriss with future picks?

I don't see a need for the FO to act out of desperation.

topfive likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

It could miss the playoffs without dealing them. Injury can happen any time.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They could miss the playoffs for not dealing them for whom exactly?

If anything Chriss will likely see an increased role with Capela's thumb injury, as will Hartenstein.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

He would miss 20 games. Trade two future picks/players now, otherwise it could miss the playoffs.
    An injury to anyone can happen at anytime, any place

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

I am a supervisor. I always ask my boss to raise my staff's salary.

Why didn't MDA help Danuel House with it?

D’Antoni: I try to stay out of it. That’s not my business; that’s the front office and him. For him, it’s an important time and a business time, I’m not going to tell him something that might be true one of these days. I don’t want to get into that. They’ve got to figure that out.

#266 BigBum, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Because your boss doesn't have to deal with complicated CBA salary rules?

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yes, CP3s contract will suck in future years as we will be unable to sign high ticket free agents... which is why we have to make trades rather than sign outright...

The mle (mid level exception) is given to teams that are over the cap to still sign lower level players... This year it was 5.585M... this is what we are using to sign Clark, House, Rivers, etc...

so this year... had we not signed CP3 and just let him walk... we'd have 5.6M in capspace to sign people - but we would not have gotten the mle ($5.585)... so either way we would have just under 6M to try and sign guys regardless... with or wo CP3... and we would still "have to nickle and dime every single contract."

So much bigger bill for Tilman (for being over the cap) and CP3 contract will still hurt us in the future... but it doesnt effect our present situation...

tmacfor35, clutchdabear and roslolian like this.
  9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I forgot about the need to sign another Two way player

Yea new toys!

Vivi, clutchdabear, saleem and 4 others like this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Melo with Defense

Dribble, shoot, create own shot..... with defense

Great addition for the bench and much needed

Torn n Frayed, J Sizzle and jcf like this.
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Do you even know what I am complaining about?

12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Do you? You were moaning that we were having to nickel and dime contracts when I mentioned our ability to sign/re-sign House and Rivers, because of CP3's contract, which as I said, has 0 effect. We will only be able to offer Rivers the MLE next year, if somebody offers him more and he walks, that has nothing to do with CP. Same with House this year - we are clearly trying to negotiate a two-year minimum deal so we we can match offers in 2020 with Early-Bird rights, rather than non-Bird rights this summer.

clutchdabear and Richie_Rich like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes getting his way to the rim with ease.. just need to become more comfortable

saleem and Houstunna like this.
  14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Right now Montrez, Lou Williams and Pat Bev would seem amazing over CP3. But I'm a true Clutch fan, once CP3 is back in the lineup I'll be saying the opposite.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

@hakeem94, we have another nomination for BPOTW.

BigBum has been putting in overtime recently. Meanwhile, Holic has been suspiciously quiet.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and biff17 like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Willie Reed wasn't under contract with some G league team, otherwise he would of been the perfect candidate considering our need right now .

17. mario elie

mario elie Member

This holdout has been so strange. I have to assume House's agent is asking for way more than Morey is prepared to offer. I really hope this doesn't come down to playing games (i.e. sending him back to the G-League), to get this done today. We can't afford to lose this guy.

topfive and EightDoobies like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He can be poached by any NBA team, just like Caboclo can.

And if he doesn't get the money, he probably is negotiating for no extra years. If I were House, either pay me or make me a free agent this Summer. And the RFA status he would have is somewhat useless, just like it was for GSW with McCaw, in the sense that we can't match much if he only gets minimum...unless we want to tap into the MLE (which we need for Rivers, too).

So, House's agent has leverage for more money, by being willing to take just a remainder of the year minimum contract.

#278 heypartner, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  19. mario elie

mario elie Member

I'm all for House getting his money. I actually think he has a ton of upside.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

Do you even know what you are complaining about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.