1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to offer Harden another extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 20, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Again, not going to engage you on your BS anymore because it'll bog the thread down. I'm not just talking about Harden-related threads, you always engage yourself in some inane semantics that derails the thread in various topics. You must be a really shitty lawyer or something.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes. That's all James Harden is known for. Nothing else.

Some of y'all really love to be miserable.

Patience, TMac'n and Killatron 2000 like this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Hakeem, Jordan are all dark skin and have won MVPs

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. caneks

caneks Rookie

yes, LeBron, Irving, and Thompson are Cavs's draft picks? that is 3 starters. Heat was build around Wade, Celtics was built around Piece. true?

FTAs have impact on FGAs. It is related. it depends on whether it is called foul or not. sometimes, they call it, sometimes, they do not. That is one reason people complain about the calls all the time.

#84 caneks, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    deshen likes this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wish it was an 8 year extension, tbh.

Patience and BigMaloe like this.
  6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

that kind of sucks. By being unanimous he makes more? or just making the first team? those bastards didn't vote him in last year and then do it unanimously for first team when one of them could have picked curry and westbrook to save us some cap space in this extension.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I just get annoyed when people don't know what they're talking about so I'll call them out on it. Whether or not you engage me isn't going to stop me from pointing out your mistakes.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

because it would be plus 1 if it is made. so FTMs will be the same.

deshen likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What's an "asterick"? A small asteroid?

As to your other post, "I don't like the message we're sending" in paying James Harden, well, what would be the message if we decline to spend on our top-5-player-in-the-league free agent? If we don't take care of our players? Inexplicable Game 6 or not, Harden was brilliant up to that point (with a few off games). I won't defend his Game 6, but where would we have been without him? There would have been no Game 6 second round of the playoffs. At all.

Patience likes this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Would a different color give him more motivation to play defense? Would it improve his shot selection? Would it make him a better off-ball player?

If so, then yes, I'd be more accepting of him. If not, then no.

PeterKingX likes this.
  11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

K cool thx.

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This guy gets it!

13. hakeemthagreat

It's not miserable. It's reality. Perhaps you should be read a few articles outside of clutchfans. The guy has gotten TORCHED by fans & media..(rightfully so) for quitting on his team. I'm not sure where you've been the last few months

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

still, I do kinda wish we waited to give hardens last extension until after we used our money this pff season. if that is possible financially, it really could've helped us get better players both last year and especially this year.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Harden is worth more money than the league allows him to make. Same with Lebron, KD, Davis, etc. you can't put a price tag on super-stardom

Killatron 2000 and ghettocheeze like this.
  16. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm sorry but you can't excuse him for quitting in game 6 because he had a good year otherwise. If you call an Uber and the ride is going great but the dude drops you off a mile from your destination so you have to walk the rest of the way do you remember how great the ride was or the fact that you didn't get dropped off where you were supposed to?

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I don't get the fan logic on this board. There are 20 other teams in the league still looking for their first superstar to build around while we have ours who is a bonafide top 5 player and we think paying him his true value is overpriced? Meanwhile, Ryno gets 20 million to show up once every five games.

Forget Harden's talent for a minute, his value to the franchise as the main attraction -- putting people in the overpriced Toyota Center seats -- alone is worth tens of millions of dollars. Les Alexander is a business man at the end of the day. He doesn't operate via tip jar.

Richie_Rich, Patience and BigMaloe like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Money aint a motivator for Harden in the playoffs. That is almost a fact.

19. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yeah it's not like he posted a 29-11-8 season and carried a team that far outperformed expectations. Let's turn on him because of a couple bad games in the playoffs. People like you give Rockets fans a bad name, it's like you guys just missed the Post-Yao/Tmac era and don't understand how lucky we are to have James Harden.

Patience likes this.
  20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

carlos correa is overrated, yet people act like his **** dont stink

george springer is the best player on the astros, but all i hear is tuve and correacha

#100 RocketsTruth, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017