1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to meet with Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

terrible? no.

chronic back issues? looked pretty healthy winning a few ships the past couple of years

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

man, I would've loved Iggy being on this team...PJ is cool, but Iggy is clearly better on both ends and more versatile

3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i think hes overrated, the media is on the warriors nuts all the time and overrate the hell out of their players, its steve kerrs system that makes them look better than they are. Thats why when they go to the nba all-star game or go to nuetral settings like FIBA/Olympics they look average at best. Example Stephen Curry has really only had 1 decent year, and 1 great year.. the rest of his career he has been above average at best

Harden was better than Curry in 2013, 2014, 2015, and recently 2017

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. Space City

Space City Member

[​IMG]
    What an odd request
    [​IMG]

BigMaloe, Fullcourt, jordnnnn and 4 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of that has anything to do with Iggy himself

and don't think hes overrated at all. hes shown his worth when he has stepped up time and time again against the likes of the best wing players in the playoffs. but of course "overrated" get thrown around as an answer of basically personal dislike when its far from reality

6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Iggy has never posted a PER higher than 20, neither have Draymon or Klay Thompson.. these guys are overrated. Klay would be another Devin Booker if he had his own team, a guy who cant make his teammates better and putting up numbers on a bad team.

The media like ESPN critsize LeBron and Harden because they are not in the social media hub like the Warriors are, which is silicon valley. The Warriors are a protected franchise, Shaq used to rail on Javale McGee all the time when Mcgee was with the Wizards and nobody said anything, now that Mcgee is apart of the Warriors. Shaq is all of a sudden a "BULLY". Lol Draymon and and Iggy are great defensive players but would i want them leading my team and would i consider either top 25 players like ESPN.. HELL NO. And for those people who think Curry is a top 5 player lol thats insane

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares about how high his PER is. the GSW aren't paying him to be that guy. In the role he has and what he is asked to do hes elite at that. And on this team he would do just as well.

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

real plus minus is a made up stat, their is no way to define it. Or any set way to come out with the final numbers. PER is more accurate

Draymon and Klay are not top 10 players, if they were their PER would reflect that, anybody on a great team would have a high rpm

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yet again. these have nothing to do with Iggy. who cares as far as this thread

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Damn, I wish I could "like" this post a dozen times. Classic.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol @ PER being useful for anything.

12. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

But ESPN is the biggest media hub when it comes to sports in america, so for casuals who dont watch the nba, they look at their player rankings and think Harden is barely better than Draymon Green hahah. ESPN is so full of **** its unbelievable

They are trying to get under Hardens skin by putting CP3 above Harden in their rankings, to start a power struggle on the team. You have to know how ESPN thinks. They have tried to do everything to rattle James Harden, but Harden isnt like Durant or Lebron. He approaches the game and the media like Kobe. And that rubs ESPN and their liberal agenda the wrong way, Jemele Hill was critisizing Harden for not donating to the Harvey relief efforts. Whether its NBA TV where Mchale works, TNT where Shaq works, or ESPN where its non-stop warriors bias. Their is an agenda to smear Hardens career, and Harden keep piling up the points and outscoring their beloved Curry, they just have to live with Curry being second to the bearded one and eats them up inside.

I dont want Iggy on the Rockets, the warriors are sneaky, they see the rockets coming for the western confernce throne and may use Iggy as some tool for spying. I dont want any former member of the warriors on the Rockets. And i hope Morey keeps it that way

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

rpm is garbage, to this day nobody has shown or proven a common sense method that it correlates or beats PER

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

hilarious. while you're here wasting time harping about stuff that has nothing to do with this thread itself, their guys are sitting pretty with multiple rings with very good chances to add more. spying lmao

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This slight is a few years dated as it pertains to Morey and the Rockets, but still relevant as to the Kings:

"They gifted Iguodala with a personalized iPad with his name engraved on a Louis Vuitton case."

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Liberal agenda? You're an idiot. This is sports.

YOLO likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have three french words.

Le, Ver, and Age

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The bad boy pistons beat Jordan multiple times in the playoffs. Their are plenty of great players who have never won multiple rings like Oscar Robertson, and Jerry West to name a few. Rings are a team award. Curry is always put in the same category with LeBron by the biased media but has never even had to carry even 1/10 the load LeBron and most recently Harden has had too. MVPs along with allstar selections are a popularity award

So if you are asking is Curry more popular than Harden yes. Is he a better than Harden... hell no

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The warriors are in the bay area. What does espn represent these days

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

ZzzZzzZZz