1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to hire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 26, 2016.

?

Doyou agree with the Rockets decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach?

1. YES

152 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. NO

639 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Golden State coach Steve Kerr even brought D’Antoni in to help him install the offense in his first season with the Warriors. Now, Durant could play in that offense. It’s been three seasons since Durant averaged at least 30 points per game, but with D’Antoni calling the shots and Harden attracting plenty of attention from defenders, there would be plenty of open shots for Durant. - Taken from Houston Chronicle article..

2. htown1984

htown1984 Member

So if you were asking the questions at today's press conference- what would be some of the questions you would ask..

Assuming Les, Morey and D'antoni are all there today

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd ask Les whether he plans to extend Morey's Contract this summer. we see boston preemptively extending Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens. The media has made this a Les v. Morey situation. How will potential free agents feel about essentially a lame duck GM? I'd ask Les how it was like to travel back in time where D'Antoni was sought after.

I'd ask Morey what changed since early May where he stated the team would hire a defensive oriented coach.

I'd ask Pringles why he shaved. I'd ask him how he intends to handle a locker room that has been rumored to be tumultuous. He hasn't had success in the past dealing with egos as we saw with Joe Johnson, Melo and Kobe.
    I'd ask Pringles how he intends to mend fences with Dwight if he opts in.

Of course none of these questions will be asked and it will be easy tee ball questions.

Les: MDA is a Brilliant mind and we are so lucky to have him here. Have you seen the clips from the Suns in 2006? WOW I mean WOW. JVG would never run like that.
    Morey: Mr. Alexander will do anything for this team to win a championship.
    MDA: I'm sure gonna try my best. Les is the best owner. Daryl is the smartest but he's gonna have a big task ahead to get the pieces together for next season (sets up for a usurp of power). I'm here for the long haul or until it gets too hard.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here's one

And these are pretty good too.

Les, did you watch your team last season or did you tune out?

Les, if you did watch the games, how did you come to the conclusion you needed an "offensive" coach to fix your problems? Besides of course hiring a "great defensive assistant" for D'Antoni.

Les, why did you not interview/reach out to Jeff Van Gundy, Frank Vogel, Dave Joerger and Tom Thibodeau?

How involved was Daryl in the search process?

Houston media isn't asking any of your questions though. D'Antoni is a great coach who's gonna do great things but only if the players buy in. :rolleyes:

#604 J.R., Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Do you think at 65, would and could you show the energy and enthusiasm to lead and make the necessary adaptations for the roster?

Does this team need to spend money on a legitimate point guard?

Is Harden playing the steve nash role?

Who do you covet in free agency?

Can you bring back Terrence Jones from the dead?

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

You should start a new thread with this, would be interesting to read what is on everybody's mind..

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

yea i thought it would be intersting to see what fans would want to ask at the conference.. Im sure none of the hard questions would be ask by our soft media- although if Brian Smith is there you never know

8. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [iimg]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/193502/tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This season in excited because everyone hates the D'Antoni move which means they'll be good this year <a href="https://t.co/Do35hlXsDO">https://t.co/Do35hlXsDO</a></p>&mdash; Bryson Jones (@RedNationBlogga) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedNationBlogga/status/738106543615287296">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Truth. This poll is the ultimate anti-jinx thread. We're gonna win it all next season for sure.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Anyone know a former Rocket that needs to be released from a contract? How about the one needing a call? All I know of is Mario Elie was with the Orlando staff whose head coach was fired and Sam Cassell is with the Clippers.

Edit: Maybe Kenny Smith? If he's looking to coach, he's gotta get off of the TV soon and on a bench somewhere.

#610 don grahamleone, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Mario Elie or Sam Cassell as the candidate requiring a release.

Shane Battier as the candidate just needing a call.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Call Ron Artest, Rockets need a Tru Warrier mentality on D.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's not under contract, so who knows you might be right.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sorry, the thread title brings back nightmares. Good thing it was just a dream.

Oh wait; this is no dream. We really did hire Pringles. Yep, still not over it.

Fire Les!

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Doyou agree with the Rockets decision to hire Mike D'Antonio as their new head coach?
    1. *
      YES
      102 vote(s)
      13.8%

2. NO
      636 vote(s)
      86.2%
    One of the very few to vote yes.

DD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still believe he is better than thought before but not a long term solution to good Defense.

Better than thought before is that Harden seems to be embracing his PG role better than thought

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Me, too. There was soooooooooooooo much EPIC fail in this thread. Very few of us were drooling over what the inventor of Golden State's vaunted offense could do with a unique weapon like James Harden.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We are 3-2 with one of those losses coming against the lowly Lakers. We are 29th in defense. I'd wait just a bit longer before declaring victory.

The offense looks great, but we will not be much above .500 without at least a middle third ranked defense.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I just think he is a good coach, and the right one to work with Harden. Look at Harden's assist numbers, yet, he has the ball about the same amount of time as he had it last year.

DD