1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to face the Clippers in the second round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2015.

?

What is your prediction for the series?

1. Rockets in 4

2.1%
  2. Rockets in 5

9.8%
  3. Rockets in 6

38.4%
  4. Rockets in 7

35.0%
  5. Clippers in 4

0.6%
  6. Clippers in 5

2.4%
  7. Clippers in 6

9.3%
  8. Clippers in 7

2.4%
  1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Paul being hobbled would be huge for us. He's their best player and would be like us losing Harden. I had the series going 7 with Paul, but if he's limited maybe we can win in 5 or 6.

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The Rockets' two worst defenders happen to play the same position as their two best scorers. We're ****ed.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I was rooting for the Spurs right up until Paul tweaked his hamstring. Then I thought, OMG, now I want the Clips, but they can't pull this out without him. Then, incredibly, he gutted it out and willed them to victory. An amazing performance. And it sets us up perfectly to get to the WCF. You can't ask for a better break than the thin team squeaking through while suffering a couple of injuries, including one to its star who was their best mismatch against us.

Rockets in 5.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The sheet of paper Clippers players were given before their series against the Spurs. <a href="http://t.co/QPSUOvQc3M">pic.twitter.com/QPSUOvQc3M</a></p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/594731007443472385">May 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Airdough

Airdough Member

By the posts on here is obvious the pro Rockets crowd just voted and left it at that. I'll speak up and say Rockets in 7. Clippers can't overcome lack of depth two series in a row and game 7 being on our court is the equalizer. Have to come out and take game 1 with them being tired physically and mentally.

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Most of Yall or some fake ass Rockets fans... So damn disappointed in most of you guys for doubting this Rockets team and we haven't even played a damn single game. Smh

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I picked Rockets in 7. I'm surprised how many people on here think we have no shot. The Clippers bench is horrible. Their starters have to be worn out after their series with the Spurs. Chris Paul may be hobbled by a bad hammy. And the Rockets have home court advantage.

It's gonna be a tough series, but the Rockets have a very good chance to advance. Especially when you consider we were 2-2 against the Clippers this season and Dwight didn't play in a single one of those games.

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I agree with your reasoning and that's why I voted Rockets in 5...my non-homer pick is 6 games, but I think we'll take care of them before a game 7 is necessary.

10. AXG

AXG Member

Good guys in 7!

11. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Keep Harden out the LA clubs, and we good.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Not only that, Big Baby got hurt too. And at the end, Griffin took a nice fall and took a while getting up. They are getting banged and bruise while the Rockets watch on their recliner.

13. Amir's Johnson

So much negativity, Rockets in 5.

14. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

this is EXACTLY why we wanted Spurs/Clips to go to 7.

Tire them out and we swoop in for the KILL. It's our right for destroying Dallas in 5.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Clippers have a weak bench and they're hobbled. Rockets will win this series.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen a lot more "Why so negative", "Y'all are fake fans", and "C'mon guys be confident" posts than I have seen people actually predicting the Clippers to win, lol.

18. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

I remember a series where Portland played really well and then almost got swept the following round.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Has zero to do with the Rockets.

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Rockets are the underdog for this series, as I expected from the analyst