1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to begin Working Out Draft Prospects on May 5

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by shastarocket, May 4, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I thought so ever since the trade deadline, even before I realised how bad this draft is. Maybe it can be packaged with the Ny second and Jones and land a pg.
    I think at that bracket (15-30) it is best if you keep it, to go for boom or bust and shoot for the stars with a very raw young player .

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I would go with drafting Jerian Grant before I would let go of an upcoming star like D-Mo. Beverley will be back next year, which will give Grant time to adjust to the NBA. At 6-5, 205 lbs., Grant is tall enough to play SG, but he is primarily a PG with an NBA lineage. He could become the steal of the draft.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Easy big fella, that's a handsome ransom for Schroder.:p

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Probably won't be around at 18.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Could we possibly trade up high enough to acquire muddiay I think I spelled it wrong or dangelo Russell

6. malakas

malakas Member

Grant I would be very much suprised if he is not available at 16-20. He has potential for sure. But one of the oldest prospects. He will be 23 at the start of the season.Same age as most 3rd year players. That's why I think rebuilding teams won't pick him and will go for younger players. He is more of a "win now" pick. Maybe OKC or Indiana are interested.
    I know. That's why he is unavailable. He is not for trade.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Ofc. Just gotta give up Harden.

8. basketballholic

On a different subject, what is Milwaukee's feelings about MCW and Tyler Ennis now? Do they favor one or the other? Are they going to try to trade one?

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Real question is, should we take a gamble on a Harrison twin?

10. rocketseagles07

I hope you don't mean in the first round because both of them will be 2nd round picks and neither will be anything more than role players.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Please no more twins.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Nah taking them in first round would be a waste. But who knows what they're capable of at the next level.

Cmon one more try won't hurt lmao

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah. They favor MCW but they are not completely sold on him. They are awaiting to see the progress he can show with one off season's worth of shooting coaching. Ennis was the 3rd PG and played a little. They may package him with Henson/Ilyasova/draft picks for a young center prospect or to move up in the draft but other than that it's wait and see with him. He's very raw and very young. It will also depends on Kendall Marsall's recovery because if he's good to go by Octomber and hasn't lost all his athelticism they will sign him and will be infront of Ennis.

I am not impressed with Ennis but at least he's not timid. But nothing special. Waiting to see what he shows next season.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Not with the NY second. Later than that maybe ..why not. Though I would prefer a stash pick especially now with the cap spike the stash picks will be more inclined to come over because Europe won't be able to keep up with the new salaries.

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

I can tell you right away he didn't lose any, because he had none ;)

16. CertifiedTroll

A gamble on Royce White would have a higher expected value, than a gamble on a Harrison twin.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Well the tiny amount he had. Bucks were able to hide him in defence due to the top defensive wings. But if he has lost it too after his ACL injury then no matter how brilliant and smart PG he is and how better he makes the whole team, he won't be signed.
    Maybe the Rockets can take a flyer on him with an unguaranteed minimum contract. He has added a post game his playmaking remains brilliant and he can hit 3s even though with an awful strange form. He's only 23.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Haha agreed. I like the suggestion in your sig, Rashad Vaughn. He's a huge sleeper in this draft but I feel like his value will go up after the combine/workouts.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. malakas

malakas Member

Nice.
    Wingspans is the most important measurement from those.
    I find it ridiculous that some players went to the combine with almost 15% bodyfat. Out of shape and trying to get a millions worth contract? How do they plan to impress the scouts like that.