1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' Three Point Shooting Before and After his Return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Riz, Dec 7, 2017.

1. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

be careful, @vlaurelio is gonna come after you if you dare suggest that Harden is not the best at everything in basketball.

So CP3 (whom many consider to be an all time top 5 PG) is a better passer and playmaker than Harden is, who just started playing that position a year ago? who would've thought?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There may be something to the idea that Paul has great accuracy as a passer, but come on guys...SMALL SAMPLE SIZE.

Swiss Roll likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I mean, Ryno shot a league leading 47% from three on the Road last year ... leading the league by a rather large amount. I guess Harden's passes were much better on the Road. :cool:

Due to our super hot Dec last year, I still fear small sample size vs weak schedule on hot streak. My hopes rest on something systemic or talent-wise or both accounts for this and we sustain it to elite levels of 3FG% approaching 40% as a team.

And we have a lot to base hope on, beyond Harden's bettter looking stroke. Better "pocket" passes and/or better looks due to more fire power on the court for defenses to scramble to cover,,,,plus MDA being able to add more system action, extending his playbook, and us seeing better execution due to two HOF PGs for 48 minutes.

Bottomline: I'm hoping for more reason behind these numbers than just Paul's money passes.

4. riko

riko Member

Chris Paul is the most accurate passer we've seen for atleast the last 15 years.Not flashy like Nash or James but he dosent make any mistakes.Hence why his turnover and assist ratio is insane. He dosent try to make home run passes but he instead plays the percentages.

5. riko

riko Member

Passer yes but play maker? Playmaking is not just passing. It's creating a shot as well. Harden is a much better all-around playmaker.

BTW, you're continues trolling to create a division and a Harden v Paul debate is farsical and blatant trolling.

#25 riko, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

"High-fiving after defeating Brooklyn, New York, Indiana and the Lakers should be considered more of an injury risk than a means of celebration."

That's such a great line. :D