1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' Thread Censoring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomjc, Jun 11, 2010.

1. tomjc

tomjc Member

As a business, the Rockets organization HAS to have some idea that this forum exists. As this forum becomes more popular, there has to be SOME kind of sway the general consensus on this board has towards the community of Rockets fans. That being said, it seems there are some subjects that are extremely touchy on this forum. One being Yao Ming (ie. whether or not to trade him).

That being said what kind of censoring is appropriate with this kind of context.

My 2 cents is, if it's beneficial to promote "Bosh to Houston" but trade/not Yao? threads seem to be extremely touchy. Is this trying to have things in both ways? What do you guys think.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yep, Clutch is being paid to censor all Yao Ming trade threads.

Didn't you see how nice his house is in the Bosh to Houston news interview video? Where do you think he got the money? :)

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Rockets made Clutch change the original name of the site. :(

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The Rockets monitor CF.net on a regular basis ...maybe even on a daily basis.

There have been multiple instances of the Rockets directly injecting themselves with the goings-on of this BBS.

Besides the name, Clutchfans, I think they also engaged during a TMac rumor that had spread. I think I also recall them engaging when some dude in Taiwan posted pics of the new uniforms.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Speaking of censoring, did anyone notice YMM is not the black list? A glitch or what?

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this is true

Clutch was telling me once how at a special season ticket holder event how a team official said that he/she didnt want certain things to be on clutchfans

8. Garner

Garner Member

Any examples? or are you being purposely vague?

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. Careful guys.. there are some things too sacred to discuss here. :p

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Censor, Censor... DO you really believe that is possible.

COmeon, just because you are the minority and most people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are censoring negative Yao threads.

Talk about it all you want. It's not going to happen. Yao Ming is a cash cow. Les will not trade for less than Lebron. And most people on this board understand that.

Capische... Yao trade ideas are about as stupid as Jeffries, Hayes and Battier for Bosh threads. You have thread privileges so start whatever thread you want but this is a Rocket board and Yao is the most popular Rocket even outside of CHina. So expect to get flamed for anything that is slightly stupid. What did you expect. If you come in here all whimpy a s s saying conspiracy, conspiracy "Oh the Humanity", it's not fair. Why.? Why can't I bash Yao and talk trade without getting censored. What are you really saying? Do you want a free ride to bash Yao and talk of trading the great wall without getting flamed in return. Don't count on it happening. This board does not cater to you. Just post what you want, take your lumps and don't be a whining lil baby about it.

[​IMG]

BE A MAN! ANd that's my 2 cents.

#10 Old Man Rock, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I feel like, from a thread topics perspective, Clutchfans would lose its legitimacy if it was discovered that the Rockets or anyone for that matter had had a hand in censoring the speculation that was being thrown about.

It really shouldn't matter if we are right or wrong in our guesses as to what moves the organization is about to make. Some people were right about the Rockets pursuing Budinger Artest and Kevin Martin, but for the most part we were all wrong about the Rockets' other moves, and even after they were made we were wrong for criticizing them. So in the end I bet it makes no difference.

If the Rockets do monitor the site it's probably to make sure no real leaks are being let out from within the organization.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Back in the day I started a thread about how Maurice Taylor was ineffective and the Rocket front office should probably trade him for a budding superstar. My thread was shut down (I think). And what do you know, just a few months later, Taylor was traded to the Knicks for Moochie and Vin Baker. My guess is that they didn't want the word to get out to the other NBA teams so they could make such a killer deal and sell MoT at the height of his value. My thread nailed it completely and yet nobody got to read it because of censorship! That, or I forgot to post it... I can't remember.

13. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

The better question is...how many current Rockets players are the ones starting these rumors on CF?

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Exactly. And as everyone knows all the pro atheletes who don't reside in Florida or Pearland live in Sugarland, sLaNd B a L L a probably has some inside info. Spill the beans!

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't recall anyone ever censoring an opinion. Mostly, opinion threads that are repetitive get merged or locked because there are already other thread talking about the same thing.

There may have been "censoring" or rumor threads that have no basis in fact, or perhaps some confidential stuff that people don't want to get out. But opinions like Yao should be traded, TMac should be allowed to play, Battier vs. Gay, etc. have been debated quite extensively on the boards.

17. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

hmmn, violation to first amendement..

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I recently had the opportunity to have lunch with Clutch and he disclosed to me that Carrol Dawson was undoubtedly "popeye".

(jokes)

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

HA!!!! 1985... Big Brother is Watching!!!!

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1985?

[​IMG]