1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets think Posey could be one missing piece

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fanwater, Jul 4, 2008.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,I thought the question who was traded for Posey? He came in a 3 way with KT going to Philly,Mark Bryant and Art Long going to Denver,and Posey to Houston.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That made no sense. Posey is essentially replacing Posey's 20 mpg role off the bench? It's not a replacement, since Posey and Posey are one and the same. ;)

3. BetterThanEver

Another thing, there is no way Posey averaged 22 PPG this year.

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I read that article.

No money around then where will Ellis end up in a Sign and Trade that makes any sence for Golden State? Dont even tell me he ends up in Miami either.

It's scarry to think that Spurs could end up with Maggette and Gordon.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

True indeed. Posey is the missing piece?? haa haa

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

We can deal with the broken down mavs. However Hornets have just taken their spot. Spurs seemed to come back to the pack. With maggette and gordon they are right back at the top :( :( :(

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well they did log nearly 40 MPG last year and they won a championship. You tell me if you're Doc Rivers and drastic changes are in order.

Uhh, i'm talking about Corey Maggette --- not making comparisons of James Posey to James Posey.

Posey averaged 22 MPG in the playoffs and 24 MPG for the regular season. That's a fact. Regardless, you're clearly missing the point about an elite scoring wing like Maggette that's accustomed to being the focal point of an offense all of a sudden becoming some "Page 16" bench player.

Due to Posey's FA status Maggette would obviously be brought in to replace Posey. Do you mean to tell me somebody like Maggette, fresh off basically a career year of 22 PPG, is going to be content with coming off the bench and playing 20-25 MPG? I severely doubt that.

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You read my post wrong. Using logic i doubt Rivers has plans to play each 40mpg is why he wants Posey back, the same case can be said about T-Mac.

They are getting older, but they are also trying to screw Posey into a short term deal and then deny it.

Getting to the playoffs for that team is easy and having Posey around gives them more flexability with minutes.

For them not to log 40mpg last year was for the simple fact it was a championship run, not all teams have that luxary.

when i said during a season i never said the playoffs, im quite sure they want to remain healthy untill the playoffs.

9. BetterThanEver

That's an odd response to a post about Posey's agent saying he will go to either Boston or San Antonio. There was no mention of Maggette in your post at all.

10. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Wow... are you serious??

W/O Posey the Celtics would have lost in the playoffs vs. Lebron and possibly even Atlanta... He hit BIG TIME shots with the game/series on the line. He's better than Shane in every aspect IMO except sucking in the playoffs; shane's got him there.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

...shane doesn't suck in the playoffs...as for posey being superior...uh wrong. posey is probably more of an athlete, but shane is the better shooter and defender. he was hurt at the end of the jazz series, he was playing limping the entire time. if you think there's something wrong with shane, there is something wrong with you.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I actually like the idea of having them both on the team. We will ALWAYS have a very good perimeter defender on the floor with both of them on our team (let Kobe deal with Shane AND Posey ALL game long). Posey is capable of creating his own shot if need be.

Also, who says Morey wont then go out and trade Head, Novak, Hayes, Francis or other expiring contracts to bring in a legit scoring SG to bakcup T-Mac?

Don't forget about Barry still possibly coming as well. He can shoot and create a little bit.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm with you, entirely. with that said, I think us actually getting posey is basically a pipe dream -- but it would be nice.

14. A00man

A00man Member

Sign Posey, and then trade Battier and expirings for Artest. Get it done Morey!

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well, to clarify I got careless and assumed this article talking about Posey to the C's/Spurs was the same article I read about Maggette considering the same two teams among his finalists.

So my bad, in that regard. Although, I did clearly mention Maggette in my original post and you could clearly tell from the context I was talking about him & not Posey. Posey has never even remotely averaged 22 PPG in a season. That alone should have given it away.

Either way, I think we at least understand each other now. :)

16. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

There was a time I thought:

Francis
    Mobley
    Posey
    Griffin
    Yao

Were going to be the future of this team!!!

Posey has done quite well for himself. Good for him.

18. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

well it looks like were gonna see alot of him when we play the hornets

19. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

screwed.

20. dastanman

dastanman Member

Well, there he goes...