1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets targeting Andre Iguodala?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedDynasty, Jun 14, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

too much money for an aging player, not a maury move. remember, we're no longer desperate. we can dance the ant eater ritual and rest will follow us.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

How many stretch fours can make an 18 footer over howard with his hands up? Intrigue me.

3. thisiscaketown

Getting Andre Iguodala doesn't help our Point Guard situation at all. He doesn't fit next to Harden any better than Jeremy Lin does, because he's an even poorer 3-Point and Free-Throw shooter that needs to be ball-dominant as a Point-Forward to be effective. Getting Iguodala would be good for our small ball lineups at the 3, but he wouldn't fit the Rockets as a floor spacer at the 1.

4. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Does the Salary Cap still apply in this scenario?

5. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Finally someone breathing some sense to a Parson's discussion.

6. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Here's Morey's move out of left field:

1. Sign Iguodala
    2. Trade Harden to Lakers for Pau Gasol expiring contract.
    3. Trade Parsons to Clippers for Caron Butler expiring contract
    4. Sign David West
    5. Tell Rockets fans that they will be going after Lebron in 2014.

I thought Moreyball was all about finding value players and putting together a team and not throwing big money at high priced free agents? His job is to keep a value team out there, save the owner some money, and keep hope alive at the end of the tunnel for the fans. So why you ask would they trade Parsons? Well, he is totally underpaid right now and will demand an adjustment to his salary. When the Rockets don't want to do it, his agent will tell them that they will remember come free agency time.

The moves I've listed above seem ridiculous, but you'd end up with this starting 5 next season:

PG Linsanity
    SG Iggy
    SF Caron Butler
    PF Pau Gasol
    C Asik

This team could be a playoff team next season and certainly better defensively than you had before.

7. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I guessed a lineup the other day if we were to go a route like the Magic did in 09

Lin>Rafer
    Harden>Lee
    Iggy=Hedo
    Parsons>Rashard
    Howard=Dwight

I kinda like Granger tho...

Lin
    Harden
    Granger
    Parsons
    Howard

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Stop posting. Seriously.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Da fuq...? :eek:

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LMFAO, LOF

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

The guy is a LA (lakers and clippers) fan, what do you expect?

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://articles.philly.com/2009-09-16/sports/25267960_1_sixers-ed-stefanski-andre-iguodala
    http://www.libertyballers.com/2011/2/22/2007479/how-good-is-andre-iguodala

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We could use Iggy's D and playmaking, and I'd be happy to decimate Denver, but I didn't see anything specific in that article indicating Morey has a hardon for the guy. Random journalist banter.

14. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I'm just trying to understand what this Moreyball is all about. He already signed one player to a max contract last year that only plays on the offensive end and now he's going after a center for another max deal who doesn't have any post moves and is barely above 50% from the free throw line. Not to mention a locker room nightmare. So I'm just trying to figure out which part of this is following sabremetrics.

15. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Iguodala is a very bad pick and roll ballhandler, not a good fit for Houston

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

• •
    O

WTF?!

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

That's why Igudala is a SF. Isn't Jeremy Lin the point guard and wouldn't he run the pick and roll if that's what the Rockets do? And since when did the Rockets run pick and roll? Don't rockets just give it to Harden and spread the floor for a 3 or an out of control Harden drive for a hopeful foul?

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think his playmaking is being overstated. It looked just slightly above average for his position on the Nuggets.

19. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

The only way this is even a possibility is if they ship out parsons and Asik for Howard in a sign n trade.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Would be nice if you actually watched more than a couple Rockets games before commenting.

On another note, teach me your GMing knowledge. Your earlier post opened my eyes to your genius,