1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Talent: Who has less Talent in the Playoffs than us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Apr 29, 2008.

?

Are the Rockets [outside of TMac] the least talented team in the Playoffs?

1. YES! Without T-Mac we wouldn't win 20 games

53 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. YES! but not by that much . . maybe 40 games

30 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. NO!

38 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. They are equal to some teams in Talent

33 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Bottom Line is:

1. The rockets are missing 23pts 11boards and 2.0 tap outs plus best free throw shooter on team in a 7'6 all star center.
    2. They played out of there minds defensively for 22 straight games, which no other team had done for decades.
    3. Scola and Rafer were put on this team to help compliment the all-star tandem of Yao and T-Mac. They are not go to go guys, so forget about the concern.
    4. The 20mm a year player is carrying all the load on a gimpy knee and is the complete focus of the the opposing team ie.(Brewer, Kirelinko and Harpring ect.).
    5. If Tim Duncan were not playing for the Spurs they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I don't think defense is a talent, I think it's more about effort. Sure some guys have long arms and quickness and it helps them, but it is more about effort. You can get the Denver guys to play defense if you just give them the right coach. If you look at our players none of them have physical defensive talents such as long arms, quickness, or good vertical leap. Battier doesn't have any physical talents, but he's one of the best defenders b/c he gives effort. Chuck Hayes is short, doesn't have a long wingspan, nor can he jump high but he can lock down players taller than him b/c he's relentless and knows what to do. So yeh, defense is effort, it's not a talent.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I keep seeing Philly's name come up.

Carney, Louis Williams, Thad Young, AI , Dalamart(who we really could use), even Reggie Evans.

That squad is loaded with young talent. And Andre Miller is tha maim and glue guy that makes it all together.

THey just need some shooters.

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Atlanta and Philadelphia have young athletic talent.

We don't out-talent anyone, but we out-work most.

5. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

i agree, but when you say "most" i'm assuming you mean any team outside of the top 8 in the West right !?!?

i'm not convinced we even out talent the Warriors...hell, even Sacramento could out talent us...

Tracy, Scola, and Rafer VS Artest, Martin and Miller

out of the two above i'd take Artest, Martin and Miller 100 times out of 100...

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rocket River
    Never UnderEstimate the Hearts of Champions!