1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets suffer 40% drop in local television ratings...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Feb 29, 2012.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In context of CH's post, you said their local ratings are much better than the Rockets. How is it obvious you didn't mean actual ratings but change in ratings? I figured you were just reading the wrong table.

And I'm not celebrating either. Its a shame there is so little buzz over the Rockets, but also expected for the reasons I gave. Making the playoffs and somehow acquiring a star between now and next season will help a great deal.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The bobcats and hornets average more fans than us. We just have bad fans. I don't care if they suck I will still go watch games in person or the tube.

3. durvasa

Not sure about Hornets, but the Bobcats don't according to the numbers in that article.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Rocket fans suffer Clyde commentating.

5. thekad

thekad Member

"We can't build for the future! The fans won't accept it! We've got to make the best of the present.

Huh? Fans are turning away in droves? Well, that's only because we're building for the future."

This must have been the sort of logic that convinced Morey that the Pau trade was a good deal.

The thread title, "40% drop," talks about the change in ratings. When the OP states "Worst in the league" it's talking about the change in ratings. Obviously, I'm talking about the change in ratings.

6. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

the question is...how many people stream rockets games instead of watching on T.V.....i know at least 15...lol.

7. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Not surprised. When to Local Hooters 2 weeks back and had to ask them to put the Rockets game on.

1 person likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Does FSH come with every cable package in Houston?

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

FIXED

10. durvasa

You were responding to CH, though, not yourself. Read his post again and read your response, and then read my response to your response.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The team never said this. Conspiracy theorists like you did.

Les Alexander said that he personally didn't like watch his team lose. Makes him enjoy life less as a personal matter. Conspiracy theorists like you make up the theory that he is motivated by trying to steal money from fans.

No, it ain't obvious. You said having worse rating, not steeper drop in rating.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, that just means there are a lot of fans missing out on a fun team to watch.

13. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Clyde was a great player. If he put half the intensity into preparing for games as a broadcaster, he would be just fine. Unfortunately, it's like a trainwreck. Half the time you think he's cognitively disabled because some of the crap he says is wrong or just painful to listen to.

Calvin was awesome. He was just one of the guys. Great chemistry with Bill. Very knowledgable about other teams and brutally honest when the Rockets needed to improve on something. We're many many years removed from his legal issues. To my knowledge, he has had no more run-ins with the law. It's time to bring him back and give the ratings a much needed boost.

[​IMG]

14. Carl Herrera

Smh at people who know nothing about sports business talking like they know what is going on.

15. tharges

tharges Member

You have to pay to watch their games, there on just about everyday now because of the schedule, they are up against other shows like the voice, american idol, etc. not all of their games are in HD, its a different channel every game, Clyde Drexler, Clyde Drexler, Clyde Drexler, and they wonder why ratings are down?

16. thekad

thekad Member

Find where I made these statements. I'll wait.

17. Carl Herrera

Feign said Clyde is actually a pretty smart andknowledgable guy in real life, just plays dumb cheerleading homer on tv. Maybe he should be himself one game just to mess with viewers.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Me and the wife was so thrilled that Clyde was at the ASW show so we could enjoy a few home games with Bullard. Again, love the man, but damn it, he sucks...to the point if I were a casual fan I'd listen to the radio...

But yeah, we lost a lot of fans when Yao split.

19. Carl Herrera

If you can't see it, no point explaining to you.

I am done with this ****. Enjoy stewing in your own juices.

20. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The rockets are boreing to watch. It went from T mac and Yao to us watching Martin acting like he's a chicken getting shot in mid air. Plus the half time show is nothing but commericals. They don't even bother breaking down the first half highlights.