1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets starting 5 for 2005-06

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madmax4ever, Sep 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. wafna

wafna Contributing Member

Speaking of healthy, it would be nice to have a 3rd center in case either Yao or Deke goes down. Neither can play much over 30 minutes. I guess Swift could move to that spot, and then there's Baker if all else fails.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Anderson isn't too good of an outside shooter. He shot 39% from the field last year. And though 38% from 3 point land wasn't too bad, his career 3 pt percentage is 34.3%. I think a lot of it will depend on matchups. If Wesley is playing against a bigger guy, they will bring in Anderson. If the defense is collapsing on Yao, they might have to sit Anderson, or play him at the point.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Didn't someone say DA could play some minutes at SF?

4. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

i dont see why not.. cd seems to think so.

5. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

david wesley was solid............... until the play-offs came and went. :mad:

6. tituspan

tituspan Contributing Member

You guys are down on Wesley too much. I think he just tired himself out towards the end of last season. He will be fresh and ready to make you regret saying we should dump him this season (just like when we traded for him last season).

7. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Projected Rotation:

Sura (if Healthy) James
    Wesley Anderson Barry
    McGrady Anderson Barry
    Swift Howard
    Yao Mutombo

I think that Anderson will eat into Wesley's minutes which will leave both him, McGrady and Barry fresh for the playoffs. I think having Mike James all season will give Sura a break. Remember it was when Sura came back that our rebounding was much better and we started to turn it around.

I think if Sura's healthy, JVG goes with him at the starting point. JVG's pretty darn loyal and liked the Sura/Wesley/McGrady/Howard/Yao starting lineup.

I do think Swift will supplant Howard though because Swift compliments Yao better. He'll be the recipient of those open jumpers, but can crash the boards and finish with authority if he needs to. Swift though cannot really create his own shot, neither can Mutombo, so I think Howard/Mutombo as the second team would be better as Howard is a better playmaker in the post.

8. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Assuming you are right, will JVG enter the season with the only real PG being MJ. Or will the fabled 2for1 trade still be a probabilty.

We could always sign JWill and play Wheelchair Ball.

9. tested911

tested911 Member

Um how come nobody noticed Toraye Braggs on that list. how is he on the roster?

10. krocket

He's not.

11. krocket

12. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I really hope that we can balance the minutes DA and Wesley see, especially DA. It'd be great if he could be our Horry. Let him see limited minutes during the regular season and then come alive in the post season.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, I can't wait for the season to start! Seeing that lineup is awesome!

We have some incredible depth this season.

14. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I'm with you my brother from another mother ;) The wait is killing me...especially seeing the way T-Mac was so emotional with the Dallas loss last year and how Yao has dedicated himself this offseason to training. Feel like a kid at Christmas time....LOL

15. r1champ93

r1champ93 Contributing Member

Nothing personal, but in the playoffs he was to slow to hold the smaller guys
    (Jason Terry) and to small to hold the bigger ones (Stackhouse). Offensively, he also pulled a disappearing act.....He is not getting any younger either.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know how David Wesley got into the dog house here. I know he's small for a two guard, but he played well for us last season.

As to the depth chart, I expect DA and Barry will see some of the back up small forward minutes.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Let's not give up on baker just yet .Maybe he comes to camp in shape and ready to play . We have to remember he's only 34 he may just have something left in the tank look at Deke.

18. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

First two months:
    Starting:
    YAO, HOWARD, TMAC, WESLEY, DEREK
    Bench:
    DEKE, SWIFT, BOWEN, BARRY, JAMES

By March:

Starting:
    YAO, SWIFT, TMAC, DEREK, SURA

Bench:
    DEKE, HOWARD, BARRY, WESLEY, JAMES

19. krocket

The main problem with David is that he is getting older and his contract is up at the end of the year, making him a UFA. No real hate on Wesley. He did play very well, but we can trade him now or lose his value at the end of the year.

BTW expiring contracts don't do us much good except as trade bait because we are so far over the cap limit.

#59 krocket, Sep 21, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  20. bigshea

bigshea Contributing Member

Expriring contracts will come in real handy around the trade deadline with a lot of players on sub-par teams having huge contracts that those teams arn't willing to pay. Wesley will probally be gone some time during this season, but who really knows these days in this crazy association of ours.