1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Tarik Black

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 14, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would have rather just had black and not signed nene, and then picked up willie reed on 1/2 off sale

JaceMan da SpaceMan likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree. I'd at least want to try him more and see what we get.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nene is really important to the culture of the team. He's well liked.

vator likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree, but his injury history the past 7 seasons makes him unreliable

5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Yes I was hoping Daryl Morey would consider signing Willie Reed. Too late.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Willie Reed over Nene? Oh my lord... If you read this Nene, I apologize buddy. We aren't all buffoons.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nene brings more to the table than play. Veteran leader and locker room presence. If/when Harden/Cp3 get into minor beef, we need a veteran big to stand up and talk to them.. You bet your ass Rhyno will be far far away from any conflict

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

reed = less injury issues, can play above rim, 1/2 the price

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If both guys are healthy, Nene is the better players.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no doubt about that. it's just that nene hasn't stayed healthy since 2011

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Nene is exactly what this team needs around the block and in the locker room. He plays limited minutes, but dude was focused and a beast in the playoffs. He's a leader that clearly Harden respects and it's evident that he wants to win a chip before he retires.

13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Nene didnt even play that many minutes last year and still got injured in the postseason. I agree with said poster above

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

How can you compare all the experience from Olympics, World Cup, FIBA Tournaments + HIS nba career with Tarick Black and Reed?

Unbelievable. We want to go for a ring next year fellows, this is not the time to get creative. You need an experienced, good defender, good rebounding center.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Also something to consider....

At $3.29 times 1.25 plus $100k, Black will essentially be an expiring contract that could bring back $4.2 million in a trade at the deadline.....

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

reed is a better rebounder and rim protector than nene

17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Nene can put the ball on the floor and attack the rim better than Black and Reed. THAT is what this team needs more of. Not more guys that need someone to set them up. I get they younger and have more energy and can prob still develop more, but we are in win now mode. Reed had small sample sizes of his 'potential' and black went to LA and played ok at times, but neither of them got that much better. Nene and Black behind him are fine for us.

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

But how can you be so sure? If I´m not wrong, Reed played limited minutes behind Whiteside. Their style of defense is completely differente. They played small lineups, but their stretch 4 was Jhonson, even Mcgruder sometimes, I can imagine they want to play Winslow there.

Here, our 5 has to defend alone and rebound alone. I like Reed, don´t get me wrong, you could even convince me to go Black over Reed. But in any combination of 3 guys at the 5 you want to have a veteran. That is not happening if you go Capela-black -Reed

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a couple of buddies are hardcore MIA fans and I ended up having to watch a ton of their games last season. reed is an above the rim player who can snatch rebs over the crowd and swat shots on helpside D much better than nene at this point, and the numbers back this up. nene is a better one-on-one defender in the post, but that's what we have black for anyways. the main thing though is i just feel uneasy depending on nene again after his body failed us this past season, it's failed him 7 seasons in a row now, and he's turning 35

20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I agree. I saw something of Reed too. It´s just that Whiteside can be so dominating sometimes, it was hard to really see Reed FT. Ask your friends, in Miami media, at the start of the off season they were thinking the Rockets were going to get Reed.

I love Capela, he is staying. I think we have to go for Nene because of his experience and live and die by his health. Now with Black reed is redundant.

Which one is the better roller? Black? Nene? Reed?