1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 2, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Thats not his choice

Presti is the GM not KD.

Not to mention presti only hoes after Certain players with certain character. Not saying he's wrong with this method but Beasley is not the type of guy he would sign.

Talent wise im shocked because there nech sure could have used him over the years. Beasley can score.

I read that if adjusted to NBA his CBA stat translate to 19.6 ppg and 9.6 reounds. If we can get that from Beasley? Big if. Thisnteam might surge to number 6. It will give us that option we've been missing with DMO out all year.

I think clips are going to get that 3rd seed. Rox vs clips first round? I like our chances and think we can pull that series out. I wouldn't even call it an upset we just matchup very well against them and they can slow down harden or dwight for some reason.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He can play. He couldn't sign if he was under another contract.

Besides, he was a free agent. He was on a one-yr deal in China.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

4. koby1868

koby1868 Member

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Will he play vs Chicago tomorrow night on the big stage?

[​IMG]

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

If Josh stinks the place up, I hope so.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

We're definitely beating the warriors now

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Oh my. Would of never thought we would get to the point where we're looking at Michael Beasley for hope.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/easyst0">@easyst0</a> in his first Rockets practice! <a href="https://t.co/8QANwwwOv5">pic.twitter.com/8QANwwwOv5</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/705804004702314496">March 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. alethios

alethios Member

LeBron (and Spoelstra) wanted him gone because he could never keep his focus, and he only got sparse minutes due to his inability to play smart basketball on both ends of the floor. He was big disappointment to the Heat. let's hope that he's learned something since then.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Beasley looks to get his career back on track with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://t.co/wHajYbIksA">pic.twitter.com/wHajYbIksA</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/705808294535831553">March 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Maybe his kids are hitting the right age where it's really awakened his maturity and is going to be the factor in keeping him hungry and smart. When he gets minutes and shots, he can put up some points.

13. CertifiedTroll

Im praying. This opportunity could make or break him. Can he be successful in out system? Yes. Could he fail and end up like Delonte West? Yes. I hope this opportunity works out for him.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Well there are like three players on our team that play smart basketball so he should be cool..lol jk but kind of

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bickerstaff said he would give Beasley at least a practices or two and a shootaround before in rotation. Sounds like Philly on Wed possible.

Morey on Beasley: "Our intel – and our intel in China we feel is as good or better as any team’s – is he is someone focused on his career. I can’t speak to the past. I can say that based on our intel he is someone just focused on career and family at this point."

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

6 year old daughter about to be 7 and a 5 year old son. Nothing can slip by kids now at that age. I think he's much more of a father than a 'troublemaker' now. That's another thing Houston gets athletes hooked on....Houston gets you through your kids. It's a great city to raise a family.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It has little to do with the city. We honestly can't hold a candle to the other cities you just mentioned.

Those low tax rates though. That's another story.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2yGkKmKOQ-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

He will be better than Terrence Jones. Book it.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

But look at it through a grown man perspective, it's like a pride thing you don't go around asking for other men to join you. The only case that happens In is this summer when Harden, Beasly go ask KD to join them. :grin: but that's different as it's the biggest free agency since lebron left Cleveland.