1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Loren Woods to two-year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Apr 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

1. woods and harris are non guaranteed so they can be cut this summer if better players are available.

i doubt we will find better 3rd stringers but the safety net is still there.

2. signing them now for next season avoids rules about not being able to trade recently signed players.

3. doesn't dip into MLE or LLE.

4. more endings for next year!

love morey!

2. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Man, the title had me thinking that we signed him for another two years which had me going there for a moment.

3. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

ROFL! bonzi can make threes in nba 2k8, head can dunk again and again in nba 2k8, tmac can shoot 50%+ in nba 2k8.

obviously basing decisions on video games is bad

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Really! LOL! :D

5. yobod

yobod Member

YES SIR.....that's the first thing I thought of.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Although nba 2k8 is the prefered simulation, it also has to do what the game player tells it to. If Head drives more often or runs the break correctly then he would be able to dunk more often, if bonzi released his shot the right way and took more wide open shots he would make more, if tmac wasn't as injury prone and drove to the rack as much as lebron he would shoot 50%+.

Sorry, i don't like when people talk down on the only video game I've enjoyed more than spy vs spy on nes.

Also, I think the poster referenced nba live. :p

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I like NBA 2008 more. 2K7 graphics are pretty.... unsmooth.

8. HCoog

HCoog Member

Im pretty sure tiger woods would be a better pickup

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Size is like a warm blanket come playoff time. A warm smothery blanket. Not that you go to war with warm blankets. Hopefully he doesn't get a minute of playing time. If that happens then we might be in trouble.

Does he strike you guys as a stiff? Do you think he has more value than Tsakalidis did for us last year?

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It would help you compared the same years live 2008 to 2k8 but for awhile 2k's graphics were far superior to live. Live caught up the last couple of years (2k's graphics are still more detailed) but the gamplay is still way off. 2k specializing in simulating realistic contact, speeds, strength, and skill.

Live has always been more arcade like in its approach. They want most people to have fun as soon as they start playing so they make it were pretty much any wing player can go iso and get by their man and dunk it down. There also isn't that much variety in speed. Also, when driving past someone you alot of times don't even get touched. 2k simulates the way that drives are mostly based on getting the step on your man and utilizing that to barrel through them and create a shot at the rim depending on the contact.

Its a little of a rant and you might not agree anyways. Most people are brainwashed by EA sports because they can always say they made Madden. I wish everyone would play both games for atleast a week and compare them to real basketball and not just the instant gratification.

11. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I guess that would mean the Rockets may not be looking at backup C in this years draft.........

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Dangggggggggggg ... Are you sure...

I had the T_Man Pimps winning it all this year....

You just ruined my day...

13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Smart, simple move by Morey. I like it.

14. playlife

playlife Member

Get a room

15. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Wonder who would win a bench press contest Woods or Camby?

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Do you guys think Woods is weighted at 260? Woods looks like at least 15 lbs less.

17. The Hungarian Rocket

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Bandwagon?

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

or potentially a virtual $1.7M (harris+woods if both have min contracts) TE that can be packaged in a trade.

20. joshbo90

joshbo90 Member

this is a weird signing