1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign KJ McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AFS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Does basketball alcoholic just post stuff to piss people off? His statements are so absurd and over the top that i cant even fathom how people take him seriously.

2. basketballholic

Congrats. You have been ignored. I only wished you couldn't read what I write.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Man I like DMo but damn. Really? I think you're stretching it a bit.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm a big Donuts fan, but would trade him and other players/picks for Cousins in a New York minute.

5. thekad

thekad Member

Cousins is obviously much more talented than DMo, but I wouldn't be surprised if he contributes less to the Kings offense than DMo does to the Rockets'. Not entirely his fault since they'll likely play him out of position, let him screw around away from the basket, and not cut his usage. It's the Kings way to improperly use their players.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

There is more to life than this

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Definitely sig worthy. Btw, you'd be a really bad GM.

8. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I cant believe he ignored me. How will I sleep at night?

1 person likes this.
  9. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Isn't this the KJ McDaniels thread?

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I think I understand what you're saying. DMo is used more effectively in the Rockets' offense than Cousins in the Kings'. That's what you're saying?

Regardless, Cousins being in an ineffective system > than any big in our "effective" system.

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'm really sorry for your loss.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just like me, piss drunk and alone while getting up 3-4 times to pee

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And they liked him enough to sign him back!

As a fan, who has also seen KJ in action in those NBA games, I think he can bring great things to the Rockets. Bring on the season!

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Welcome to the offseason

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

at least it hasnt turned into a tjones smear thread which it will become very soon, it has all the likely suspects cough cough and we are talking power forwards

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Melatonin helps.

17. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I know his salary isn't particularly large but, I do wonder what in particular they see in him. I also wonder how KJ fits in the roster? He's a swing 2/3. Both positions we've got depth in. How does he crack the Harden, Ariza, Brewer and, even Thornton rotation?

Maybe I'm just overthinking this and he's just trade fodder with his contract structure.

18. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

The thing that stands out about KJ is his power at his weight. He measured 196 lbs at the NBA combine. He probably gained 5-15 lbs during his rookie season. So let's say he was 206 last year.

This guy looks 230+ out there when he throws it down. He has PF power and nastiness, which shows up in his blocks as well. It's just freakish how powerful he is at his size. He is rawww on offense but is already a very good defender, if he can just become a reliable shooter from outside he could be a really valuable 3nD guy for us.

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I personally would so much rather trade Howard for Cousins. Nothing would make me happier. But I guess that's not feasible considering relations with future superstar free agents. :{ Still might be worth it...........

1 person likes this.
  20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This would be awesome. How reasonable is it to expect this? I feel like a lot of people just assume this will happen. If that's the case though, why aren't all experienced players in the league good enough shooters? Just wondering.