1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign KJ McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AFS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. bongman

bongman Member

I believe he was just referring to the best defensive lineup we can throw out there. Imagine one min left and we are up by 5 and opponent has the ball. With that scenario, they will have at least 2 possesions. One stop wins you the game.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Congrats KJ we let Smoove go and resigned you instead so you could sit on the bench- Signed the Majority of Clutchfans

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I bet you he is part of the rotation by all-star break. The kid has potential which is why Morey gave up Josh Smith for him.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You want to make a bet. There is no way KJ sits on the bench this season. None.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's my point. I can't see him not playing. The majority of rest of the forum however does not have time slotted for him.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

KJ will be groomed to take Ariza's spot as lock down perimeter defender, able to guard 1-3. And Ariza can't keep playing 35 minutes a game.

7. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Then the majority of clutch fans are in for a treat. :grin:

8. do work son

do work son Member

he's the 2nd best perimeter defender on the team, based off how he played in philly.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hurt in training camp, sleeps with Morey's daughter, shooting regresses, pisses off Harden, McHale runs a tight rotation and he can't beat out Brewer or Ariza.

Granted, I think he gets minutes, but he isn't guaranteed minutes. Besides for Howard and Harden, everyone is fighting for PT.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah what if morey's daughter and him have a baby. pretty sure he would push for a starting spot at that point. gotta buy diapers yo

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

isn't Morey's daughter like 14

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If KJ gets minutes, I just want to know where? Are we really going to be running a 11 man rotation while significantly limiting everybody's minutes? Will KJ glue Thornton, Terry, Dekker, Harrell and (possibly Hayes) to the bench? He will have to if he's expected to crack the rotation.

If KJ couldn't crack the rotation last year when we had a huge hole at the PG position, when we didn't have, Lawson, Thornton + Dekker in the back court, then what makes you guys think he will crack it now that we have a much more stacked back court?

It's not impossible for KJ to crack the rotation, but I just think it's unlikely if we are healthy, I think Thornton and (Terry if re-signed) will out play KJ. KJ needs to go back to philly or some other team where he can get minutes and be developed.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Barring injury, I would say it's fairly unlikely that KJ gets meaningful minutes.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not advocating this, but there's a good chance Ariza gets traded for an expiring and maybe a first rounder. Morey will aim for salary relief with an eye on KD 2016. Then Kj will play.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I would hope they look to move Brewer before Ariza. Ariza is a better defender and shooter, something we desperately need on this team.

I don't think we lose too much inserting KJ and subtracting Brewer. We won't have those offensive outburst CB gets from time to time, but KJ's defense might make that easier to swallow.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah and Brewers making a tiny bit more then Ariza as well, Ariza is definitely more valuable to us.

KJ being a Brewer replacement seems much more realistic then a Ariza replacement.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not sure. I retract my statement as that would be way wrong.

18. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

No way he trades Ariza for next year. There will be plenty of time to prepare for next year.

19. basketballholic

I would think both Brewer and Bev go in trade before Ariza UNLESS we are trading for a superstar 3.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No need to limit it to a 3. If the Rockets can get a trade lined up for a star and they want Ariza (which is likely), Ariza will be traded.