1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Carlos Delfino (2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DAROckets, Aug 13, 2012.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

rebuilding not simply tanking and throwing minutes at youngsters but developing and improving them. make them compete for their minutes and follow a veteran by example

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Everybody just breathe..... breathe.....

Every team, even "TANKING"(lose on purpose) teams bring in one or two veterans to bring some balance to the roster. Its good for the development of the youngsters, and creates stability in the lockeroom.

If the Rockets signed him to a 3 or 4 year deal then yes, the move would be counterintuitive to the direction they are heading, but its a one year deal. Doesn't mean anything long term.

-Also note, whose career really benefited from Linsanity more than Jeremy Lin himself???..... That would be Mr. Steve Novak. You know what player is almost a carbon copy of Novak????.... you guessed it. With a team looking to play P&R with Jeremy Lin all season long, having a sharp shooting SF on the roster wont hurt, and keep the games much more entertaining at least.

Lin=Linsanity
    Asik=Chandler
    Delfino=Novak
    Parsons=Shumpert

3. thekad

thekad Member

Assuming we lose two of our players from the same position which is fairly unlikely, I'd just play Gary Forbes and Toney Douglas and improve our draft position.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If we are truly rebuilding, Lamb should have a chance to play heavy minutes and learn from his mistakes even if he struggles mightily. If he really goes down (touch wood), we can always find some D-Leaguers for consecutive 10-day contracts. Who cares if we are winning or not if we are rebuilding. The most important thing is to play the rooks and let them develop. The Delfino move is suggesting otherwise in my opinion.

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

^ This x 10 needs to happen

Jefferson for Martin, Patterson and Dallas pick will more than make Utah j*zz all over themselves lol:grin:

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Jefferson sucks, guys. Not a piece you want if you want to build towards a championship contender.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In before someone suggest he plays point guard.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good signing.

9. mgpwr

mgpwr Member

LOL...

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Oh lord just saw that Delfino has a PER of 11.72 and he was a starter in Milwaukee

11. Arthurprescott2

Isn't getting Al Jefferson the path towards mediocrity as opposed to tanking??

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lin, delfino, parsons, dmo, and asik, I see what you did there Morey.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly. If you want to take a step away from the mediocrity treadmill, you don't throw Big Al on it.

14. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

My 2 cents: This is a low risk move, and Morey is planning to flip this guy for an asset at the trade deadline. In the past, Morey has talked about finding players that still have a little more tread on the tires than most GM's belive them to have. Delfino might be a guy that Morey believes will put up solid numbers if given the opportunity. If Delfino does produce, some playoff team, desperate for a swingman at the deadline, would probably love to add a capable player who's put up solid numbers and who also comes off the book when the season is done. They might even be willing to give up a late 1st rounder for him, or maybe swap a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder. If he doesn't produce, he's off the books after the season. No big loss. Regardless of his production level, I don't think he has any major impact on our wins and losses...

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I don't know how anyone could look at this team and not think it's rebuilding. This move is nothing to get bent out of shape over.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

See...We are tanking.

Seriously I think this is a good move IF Martin is gone before the season begins.

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Last time I checked Jefferson is an expiring contract and he doesnt suck....check his stats bro:mad: cant suck when you average 20+ ppg and 11+ rpg in back to back seasons so Shut Yo Face

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think you still want assets.
    I want the rookies to play but if you can pick up some players at a good value in the mean time why not do it.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Unless Martin is moving, this makes no sense what so ever.

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Went from swimming with sharks to swimming with dolphins...