1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Carlos Delfino (2012)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DAROckets, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

Wow... All caps makes your unsupported points much more convincing. Tell me more? :rolleyes:

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

LOL. :grin:

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Martin's not traded then this is a terrible move unless he's a bench warmer.I doubt he would've agreed to a contract with the Rockets if that's the case unless they were the only ones who offered him one.

PG: Lin/Douglas/Machado?
    SG: Martin/Lamb/Delfino?
    SF: Parsons/Delfino/White/Morris?
    PF: Patterson/Motie?/Jones/White?
    C: Asik/Motie?

My guess is Morris and White will be sent down to the D-League which is counter-productive to a rebuilding effort.

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

agreed
    not so sure what we are going to do with Morris

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Post of the thread.

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am scratching my head on this one. Why????

Freaking rebuild! Les if you can't stand rebuilding sell the team to someone who can!

8. thekad

thekad Member

You're contradicting yourself.

I don't care if Marcus Morris and Gary Forbes are viable back-ups. Either they suck and strengthen our draft position or they're good and we end up with a great young player. Both options are better than wasting our time with Delfino and actually hurting our cap space for a future lopsided deal come June 30, 2013.

This is a terrible move. But I've come to expect that from this front office now...

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'll concur with some of the previous posts -- I hope this means a suitor for Martin has been found.

I like Delfino, and I think he is the just the type of veteran a young team that is rebuilding needs (helps bring maturity, effort and a locker room presence ... while at the same time not winning too many games that hurt draft position). But if Martin is not traded I am afraid Delfino will take minutes from Lamb and the young 3/4 hybrids (Morris, Jones and White).

10. ejarts

ejarts Member

no Dwight no problem.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I guess it makes sense. Especially since Martin is sure to go at some point in the near future. After Martin is gone we really don't have anyone at shooting guard other than Lamb. I'd like to see Martin go as soon as possible so Lamb can get the minutes at that position. Delfino might be able to provide a little direction to the rookies early in the season, but adding him probably won't result in many more wins.

12. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Les is just NOT committed to rebuilding. SMH...

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

With Scola gone, we needed another Argentinian.

Kidding aside, i don't see how signing Delfino on a 1-year deal hinders our rebuilding process. We needed someone who could play minutes at the shooting guard position with Courtney gone and Martin likely to be dealt this coming season.

14. platypus

platypus Member

I feel like morey is trying to put players around lin, specifically shooters. I can see Lin and Delfino playing somewhat like how he and Novak played with the knicks. Or for all we know there are probably gonna be more moves (trades) and we could very well trade some of the players who play at delfino's position. I don't think Morey would sign delfino so he can play behind some of our rookies.

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I am assuming the Rockets found a taker for Martin. Morey wouldn't just sign this guy when we already have 3 SGs (Martin, Lamb, Forbes) and 3 SFs (Parsons, White, Morris)

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

How does this affect the rebuilding process. It really doesn't.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Care to explain where you based that assumption from? Let me ask you this.. Let's say Martin gets traded then Lamb struggled mightily during the season or goes doen with an injury (knock on wood).. Who would you play at shooting guard?

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why the hell are people complaining? It's not like Delfino is an impact player. He's a veteran who will help our rooks develop. That's rebuilding to me. Rookies don't just develop out of playing time, they need vets to show them the ropes.

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

fits perfectly with our nine PFs

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This signing only makes sense if we are trading KMart. Hopefully the KMart, PF and pick for Al Jefferson trade will go down soon.