1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing support for the City

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 28, 2017.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Man leave the man alone. He's donated a ton to the treasures relief fund.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. hvic

hvic Member

its there money and they can do whatever they want with it. Harden could be doing behind the scenes stuff thats maybe we are not aware of. at the end of the day what are you doing to help rebuild Houston.

Sajan likes this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Agree he could be doing something behind the scenes, donating in private, or maybe nothing at all... any one of those 3 is his right.

However, I think where he's dropping the ball, is not making some sort of simple statement about the disaster, either via press release or a short 15-30 second video. I imagine people probably just want to see his face and hear his words... more important than knowing how much he is or isn't donating.

Fyreball and Nivos like this.
  5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Dude most people hate harden. He don't have to give any of his money. Let the attention ho WATT keep doing what he's doing. We all know WATT is insecure about Harden and his bank account.

Funny most Houstonians and even Root sports don't even promote harden like that. And the media is mad Harden signed a richer deal than their beloved curry lol. ESPN is begging Westbrook to sign his extension so they can not have to mention hardens deal anymore

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I think you're a dumbass but you're right here. I can't complain. JJ Fatt, the unathletic, fake leader and loser who has majority low IQ, poorly educated fans like @Nigel Thornberry and bobbythefail is an attention ho. He doesn't have a pure heart. Everything thing he does is to promote his brand and fool his delusional fanbase

I can say with certainty James Harden cares more for the city of Houston than JJ Fatt. Harden has Houston in his heart, unlike Fatt who doesn't care about Houston unless it benefits his "brand"

Also as a sports athlete, Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fatt and it ain't even close.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He ****ing raised $11M for the city, got on a truck, and helped victims on the streets. You don't have to like football, but show some goddamned respect for the humanitarian efforts he's led.

Where HAS Harden been?? I love the guy, but it's a legit question. Even Chris Paul has been vocal on this, and he just got here.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

1. Harden has several charities going on simultaneously. Just because he isn't in social media showcasing his donations doesn't mean he has not helped.
    2. I am sorry. But Harden cares more for the city of Houston than JJ Fatt. It is what it is.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he hasn't said anything? not a single word about the disaster?

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden loves and has embraced this city. U think Harden wouldn't or didn't donate after something like Hurricane Harvey even tho he has charities like the James Harden Family Foundation that helps the community and just did JH-Town weekend for the people of Houston? Please...

Daddy Long Legs and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

he did 4 days ago on his Instagram and did again today

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think charitable donations are fully tax deductible.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's what I'm saying not sure why people here says harden needs to have a press statement or a video clip or something

Harden could have already donated $500K and haters here will be "Not Enough!"

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care what brand or where the money comes from. People need to stop judging and start utilizing their energy on things that matter. Jjwatt orr jj fat ellen degeneres lindsay lohan who ever, whatever, celebrity no matter how they do it, the city of Houston should just be thankful we are getting support. I am trying to get a flight down as soon as I can to help people for however long need be. The city is under a crisis and if JJwatt and anyone else wants to use their celebrity status to get people who have lost homes, jobs, need food , need water so be it. I could care less if it is "tax free" helping a brand or whatever. If it is still a way to get food dry clothes a roof over the head of someone who lost everything and that is the only thing that matters. Seriously some posters need to learn to shut the F* up and grow up. Our city and probably many of our othe Rockets fans and posters on this board are probably being affected. If harden wants to help quietly then so be it. If jj watt wants to start a public fund raiser so be it. Who the f* cares. People are hungry and thirsty and homeless. Some Clutchfans members don't even have the luxury of posting on the board right now. Our neighbors need our help and that is what is important. So Thank you JJwatt and anyone out there donating. It means alot to everyone that is in need.

15. theimpossibles1

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how every Harden apologist is in sync with this one. "we shouldnt shame on who donates" "he donated discreetly". You guys act like this storm is a common occurence. This is a once in a lifetime disaster. I get it he's your favorite basketball player but get the **** off your knees and stop deepthroating and have some self respect.

17. Mr Chuck Norris

You people hating on harden are truly pathetic. Bunch of worthless worms. Didn't even do any research to asee if he's donated. Knows he has a shitload of charities. And didn't even check his social media to see if he made a statement but come in here talking ****. HARDEN Doesn't have to donate ****. Half this city hates him anyway and then yall come begging and crying for help. piss off.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You love Harden!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

@Fyreball

20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

See this is the difference between me as harden fan(which is like being a minority). And a Steph Curry, J.J. Watt, and Aaron Rodgers fan(which is just jumping on the bandwagon). What u see with harden is what u get. The other 3 are attention ho's.

We had serious flooding in 2015 and 2016 when the rockets played the warriors in the playoffs. Where was WATT and Curry then with all this donation crap. The only reason they are doing this is because their sports agents are telling them to do this to build their brand. WATT probably wants the Walter Payton man of the Year award. Watt is all about his legacy, but he'll never be bigger than harden or hakeem on a global scale

Curry and WATT could have stepped up for the flooding in 2015 and 2016. Yet they did nothing.