1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not saying any of this will happen. But believe me, if Pekovic came here, then Brewer is in the deal. He was okay in Minneapolis but he's garbage to us now. Garbage in - garbage out.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pek is actually a solid player, he is just horrificly injury prone. If he comes back healthy mext season that would be a great bonus.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

Because that's a pretty big "if". ;)

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Defintely a huge, and unrealistic if. I'd say theres a bigger chance of him not being able to come vack and medically retiring, which also would be a great bonus.

5. malakas

malakas Member

It better be Bev+ Brewer because if it's Ariza we will be full of holes without any assets and with much less capspace!!

A) Pek can't come back healthy. He's in extreme pain without even playing. The last surgery was his last resort and it failed.
    B) Pek can't medically retire and get off the books if traded. At least that's what bballholic said and he knows the cap details more than me.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I could get excited about a Rubio Harden back court for the next several years. I think Rubio will only improve and he's a natural playmaker and defender.

I use to really like Pek and think he'd be serviceable, but don't see him as part of our future; he'd definitely contribute more than Brewer so I think id rather do the brewer Bev deal.

But the one question no one has answered: how does this deal get done; we can't send out enough matching salary ($25 mil) no? Agree in principle to complete sometime in July?

7. malakas

malakas Member

Teams would now agree in principle. That will allow Thibs to indulge in his delusions and try to convince his overpaid old vets that he wants during the moratorium.
    After the moratorium on 7 July, when the trade is legal it will be finalised and ok by the league and the UFA who have agreed during the moratorium can also sign their contracts.

8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I dont see the Pek move so bad
    he is making 12M the next 2 seasons
    If we move Brewer (8M the next 2 seasons too), we are cuting our cap Space in 4 M
    But you get a young PG with Star potential and with a nice contract (14M lock for 3 more years)

If we add those 4M + Rubios 14M, he will cost us 18M.
    Conley will cost us 20 and he is is older.

ok, Conley can arrive without giving Ariza and Bev
    but with this trade we still have nealy the same cap space than before the move. ( to land Barnes and Ryan Anderson??? shooters)

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Keep Rubio away!!!!

10. kevtse

kevtse Member

Please let this post sink. Everytime I see it on the top of the first page I am so scared that it is actually happening.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, Rondo or Conley, both ahead of Rubio anyway...

As for the Grizzlies i don't know what they will do eventually, but there're other options out there, cheaper and that fits better for them than Rubio, Collison, Beverley? I can see them wanting Rubio to play with Marc, but it's the only reason honestly, the oldest roster in the league...i really don't think he fits well there...

On the Bulls i can kinda of agree i guess, but as i was saying i just don't see them that desperate in wanting Rubio to also take Pekovic...i actually think that if they really keep Butler, now that they traded Rose, they hope to have more chances in free agency so, having 12 millions more may be good for the Bulls.

I agree on the Nets, if the Wolves really want to trade Rubio just to unload Pek (are we sure about this though? Cause they also tried to trade Rubio to move up in the draft and for Butler) they might have the chance or even be front runners since there's not much they can do via trade if not eat a bad contract, and i don't think they will get free agents attention next wek.

Bryan was interested in Beverley though, this should tell us something...i guess.

Ah ok, i actually remember you were talking about Delly.

So overall, i agree that there may be some teams interested in him, but for a couple of them he's nothing more than a plan B if not C, for others he's a good opportunity but eh, i don't see a team that desperate about having him to eat Pek contract (if not the Nets)...especially after they tried to shop him that hard, and even more if it's true they want to trade him just to dump Pek...i mean, he's not a great asset for them if they want to use him to dump a contract, so i don't see how they can expect to have something that good back. And if they feel better in just dumping a contract instead of having back a couple of decent/good assets for only Rubio so be it. That's my take ;)

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, Conley will cost us 25 actually...

...and, i'm kinda turning to a point where i can accept taking back Pekovic
    good lord...
    , but again, only if we are 100% sure we can't do much in free agency, i'd still prefer to take a couple of risks there rather than eat Pekovic contract and trade away Pat or Trevor with something else...

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Malakas, have you read something about MCW? Is he out or he's staying in Milwaukee?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We should to the Spanish and Spanish speaking market

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A Rubio trade seems more likely with Bev+Brewer than Ariza+filler. And if Pek is coming back, no question Wolves take Brewer.

I am fine adding Rubio to the team. It would be an upgrade. This team might have to take a few incremental upgrades before it reels in the big fish. But Rubio is an upgrade on Bev and offers a higher ceiling.

17. Lightsnowaction

Might be an upgrade with more ceiling, but not a good fit next to Harden as both need the ball to be effective and O don't think Harden can play off the ball.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't see how a Rubio trade is likely, at all.

We give up cheap serviceable players, who fit, for a bad fit player with dead money attached.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Brewer is neither cheap nor has he been serviceable recently.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I disagree. Brewer helped service many wins for our opponents this past season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.