1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm all for acquiring Rubio but at the right price.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

So what would we have to give up if there was a trade for Rubio?

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only for those who lack the ability to comprehend.

1. That's why a lot of ppl have no respect for Love and called him a stat padder with no heart. No one smart had any illusions of Love leading a team by himself. He will always be a Robin to someone else's Batman. There is a reason why even the ****ty Wolves refused to give him the 5-year max.

2. KG lead that team to the playoffs as well as beyond the first round, which is infinitely better than what Rubio has done EVERY season. Not sure how you thought this enforces your argument.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think you're off by thinking Rubio is Batman. He's not even Robin. He's never been expected to be either. At the money he makes, he's just another starter that no one would expect anything of really. He's better than Beverly. Beverly is garbage. Can't dribble. Inconsistent shooter even when open. Can't create or set up anyone else. His defense is extremely overrated. He's basically a hustle player like Deladova and people think he's some stud on Defense for his hustle, while Deladova because he is white is called dirty for the same hustle.

But, yeah lets watch Bev run to the sideline and do a step back fadeaway that misses everything for another season.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd rather pay Llull. He's in the middle of a 15-18 million dollar contract with a 4 million dollar buyout. I would think a contract for 8-10 million a year would lure him away from Europe.

6. chandlerbang21

nothing, he cant shoot

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is also injury prone and has achieved nothing in the NBA.

8. verysimplejason

+1. Lawson is a lot better. If only Rockets is running a "real" system other than Non-stop ISO.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Lawson was piss poor in Indiana too. Nice try. Rubio is MUCH better. Good defender and passer.

10. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

First trade target should be Jeff Teague, a quick play-making guard who can actually shoot

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes, I'm 100% sure.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is the post that, in any sane world, would immediately shut down ongoing conversations over trying to acquire Rubio.

We don't need a flashy point guard, we need a good one.
    <BR>

13. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I agree if a good decision making PG that has 4 elite shooters he can easily be integrated into an offense, that's not ground breaking analysis. The Rockets have 1 elite shooter and that is the problem. Elite shooters are the hardest commodity to find. We will be lucky to add 1 more this off season. I'd be happy with 2 good shooters.

Adding Rubio just because he can dribble circles around the defense and make great decisions on a team with Harden is a waste of talent. Harden will be in the Nash role making those cuts inside off the pick. Let's hope he has at least one more shooter to pass out to.

Brewer= worst shooter in the league

Ariza= streaky but could be a GOOD shooter in this system

D-MO= too injured to get good, IF healthy could be a GOOD shooter in the system (if he returns)

Bev= I think he is improving as a shooter but he'll never be elite

Beasley= nice mid range game he can help but he'll never be elite

KJ McD= he's Brewer 2.0 so far

Jet= he used to be an elite shooter

14. hvic

hvic Member

on point

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Green shot 39% from 3. That's pretty good.

The only way Rubio won't be a massive drag on his team is if you surround him by 4 elite shooters, which of course we can't do. It would also help if the other team's PG was very poor defensively since Rubio is soft, which is what leads to his terrible inability to finish.

But as I've been saying for years, Morey doesn't want Rubio, except as maybe a guy to run the bench unit. Maybe.

16. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I am not saying this will happen, but Rocket personnel may be assuming that Kevin Durant is that second shooter. While Rubio can work well in our system, based on his game I would rather just sign Rondo and save some money, at least he has won a championship and is actually pretty clutch.

The good news is that while their are not many elite point guards the league has good point guards that may be available. Jeff Teague, Mike Conley, Darren Collison just to name a few.

17. basketballholic

Why can't we surround him with 4 great shooters?

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Harden has to control the ball period, he doenst know how to play with a playmaker

19. Pete the Cheat

yea he was pretty useless with the Thunder and Team USA

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I overstepped my bounds there.

We possibly can. I just don't think it's likely. We'll see though! I hope to get some shooters, that's for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.