1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should target.........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Dec 18, 2018.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Players Morey is interested in: MCW, Melo, KCP, Nick Young, JR Smith (players that don't fit our system)

Players Morey should be interested in: Justin Holiday, Marvin Williams, DeMarre Carroll, Jason Dudley, Taurean Prince, possibly Markieff Morris

smoothie and verysimplejason like this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Jaylen Brown?

clutchdabear and BigggReddd like this.
  3. valorita

valorita Member

Jonathan Simmons - physical wing who is versatile on defense.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  4. nemac

nemac Member

lately, ad on clutchfans are auto redirecting me to another page, what gives?

5. hakeemthagreat

I'd give one up for one of the Morris twins

6. AB423

AB423 Member

Shumpert, he’s playing at a high level this season.

smoothie, saleem and clutchdabear like this.
  7. ballgame

ballgame Member

We need someone 6'9" or taller. We need length more than anything and someone who can hit the 3.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see a move for TJ Warren.

smoothie likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind that, even though he doesn't play much defense. He is 25yrs old and is on a 4yr 50M contract. It would have to be a 3 way deal. The chances of that seem remote though. I certainly wouldn't offer EG for him. Tuck/Cap are out of the question too.

withmustard likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jeff Green fits the bill. 6'9'' and at 3M on an expiring contract. Not gonna be easy, I think.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. smp

smp Member

The Rockets should target working their rookies into the system (which they are), shoring up the defensive issues when Capela is switched on a guard at the 3 point line, and getting the vets to perform at their peak abilities.

I don't think there is a magical player that is going to come in and save the day. We have to get Harden, EG, Tucker, CP3, Green, Nene, and Capela healthy and playing their best ball by the time the playoffs get here. Mix in House and Knight and we are a legit contender.

Adding players is a risky move. Sometimes getting the most from what you have is the better way to go. I wouldn't risk ruining the cohesion and chemistry this group is building right now unless it was for someone who could really help. Don't shuffle things up just to say you did something.

12. Dmo

Dmo Member

Joe Harris, too bad the Nets are playing decent.

tc0330 and saleem like this.
  13. ballgame

ballgame Member

If the rumors of AD going to the Lakers are true, I think the Rockets should get in on that trade. The Pels will be in sell mode! If they obtain Brandon Ingram from The Lakers, I would offer Chriss and (2) 1st for Brandon Ingram.

Ingram will give us a REAL young player who can guard 4 positions, shoot the 3 and play defense. N.O will want to rebuild through the draft and having (2) 1st is a good way to start, similar to what Boston did.

eman likes this.
  14. verysimplejason

Mobility and length. Height doesn't matter much.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

my shopping list includes some names already mentioned in this thread and some new ones.

in no particular order:

dedmon, bazemore, ed davis, carroll, marvin, justin holiday, james johnson, winslow, vonleh, lee, porter, tobias, montrezl, pope, ingram, jamychal green, warren, aminu, harkless, shumpert.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Anybody got a Athletic subscription ?

Vivi likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

I read it in the Lakers forum.
    Lakers want a first round pick from Rockets for KCP and they don't take any future salary. I think KCP is overpaid by 9 million this year, but his trade value is really high because of expiring contract.
    They are so greedy!

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

I am thinking Rockets will lose Eric Gordon. Every owner can beat Tilman because of repeater tax in 2020.
    The best idea would be EG for a contract like Kuzma (not him, but similar) plus expiring salary.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Then it must be true and worthy of a new thread. :rolleyes:

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

I said it last year and I'm still riding this train......WE NEED BRANDON INGRAM! I saw enough from last night's game against Dallas. He has a consistent outside shot, he can penetrate, he guarded and played well against Kristaps Porzingis, he's long and most of all he is near the end of his Rookie Contract, so I don't think he will want to stay in N.O. I think Zion will be in and out of the lineup this yr and with the roster they have, they are not winning big any time soon.

I think he would be perfect next to PJ Tucker, they would be interchangeable. I would give up House and a #1. N.O is clearly going through a rebuild and will be looking for draft picks.

withmustard likes this.