1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets shot chart against Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 25, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I remember Calvin Murphys fav line was "stop and pop" at the foul line. Instead of long threes or going inside. He would make sure to preach it to all the guards.

How does he really feel watching this Rockets team? Haha.

RCPM, Houstunna and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Side point: to end the game a mid range shot is the best shot. I hate when we are down 1 and we jack up a 3

Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is the full NBA jam game. Except even in NBA Jam, you still shoot some mid range shots when you run out of turbo and think you can dunk from far away but end up pulling up.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hey, thats how Luigi could be called, the embracers!

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Durrell Murray would like to see you in his office.

6. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

We must've shot at least 2 midrange then cut Eric Gordon shot the one you're talking around the FT line not from the corner

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Rockets won... pretty sure that's all that matters, no?

And since when is taking mid-range shots the "basketball part"? You can point to lack of rebounding, and lack of defense in this game as "basketball part", I'm pretty sure not a single team in history has won that battle for all 82 games in a season.

Sometimes you gotta win ugly.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im not gonna get in another countless debate over this, but its nt just completely abandoning the mid range game, the same game that a lot of SUPERSTARS used to get their rings up until a few years ago. i know how the league is trending, they dont have to bring back the mid range game like it was in the 90s, but completely abandoning it isnt the way to go.

10. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yeah you're right warriors should hand in that championship

roslolian likes this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

At first I thought it was just great sarcastic work.

But this? Really...

We got ourselves out rebounded by 30. No way in typical history do you win a game where the rebound battle is that bad. We won because of analytics.

You take away say 1/4 of those 3s and make them mid-range and we probably lose.

Mid-range is dated and inefficient. Albeit I will agree, that down 1 with 14 second to go, I would prefer Harden operating in the post. That is of course if the high PnR doesn't get him into the lane. I would prefer his post up and step back move to a contested pull up 3.

But that's about the only time I want a mid range shot

#51 BigMaloe, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    RCPM, roslolian, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lesser men watch p*rn. Morey just stares at Rockets shot charts. :D

DonKnock likes this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

where the hell are the 99ers? they must have beaten this topic to death. i dont see a lot of them anymore. i know it says im registered in 2012 but i been watching this tema since early 2000s. i had two or three other accounts here from the mid 2000s.

hypothetically, last season when the threes weren't going in and couldnt get layups or fts, would u wanna keep doing that or start to utilize the mid range a little more? not strictly of course

im not saying analytics is bad, i just think its overdone. and btw big3 heat were the worst rebounding team in the league but they won b2b titles

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'll call Bobby Marks up to handle handle Morey like he did with Terrence Williams.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

asterisk champs yes they should cuz their opponents had key injuries. when teams become dominant, their first year is never their best year.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The more I see it, the more I think it isa pictorial generated from Daryl Maury's computer. Can't believe Rockets actually executed all that

17. bongman

bongman Member

MJ was not playing when we won 2 rings, should we also put an asterisk there?

Easy likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Our season points per game average went up 0.5 just off of one game:eek:

114.7 -> 115.2

We also moved into 3rd in the league in steals with 8.4 per game!

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I'll take Bogut, Sanders if h's still got game left in the tank...heck I'll take Tarik Black. The Rockets were still in chaos mode trying to gain some respectability when Bogut made his comments..heck if I were Bogut I probably would've said the same or worse about playing here at the time. Rockets are obviously in a different position being on the rise and getting better so it's apples and oranges. Bogut went down and warriors lost to the cavs...Cavs/San Antonio want him for a reason that's for sure.

#59 PhiSlamma15, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yes I do, because law of averages dictates we will even out over time. This, if we miss a bunch early on, odds of that trend is less likely.

If a shot is off a shot is off. 30% from 3 is equal to 40% from 2.

roslolian, DonKnock and PhiSlamma15 like this.