1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets seriously pursuing Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

ok, thx.

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

i'm ok with Ariza but we'd still need to bring back Parson. Last year, the only play makers the Rockets had were Harden, Parson, and Lin. Lin is gone. Without Parsons, we'd see even more iso ball. We'd be awkward on offense. The only way we can let Parsons go is if we get another play maker.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Picking up Ariza and letting Parsons go would be one of the few ways this off-season could get worse.

4. chandlerbang21

Yes add him please

5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

really? i remember him being good on the break? i remember him being bad when trying to create his own shot or taking contested 3 pointers. he was good on the break.

6. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

He was exposed cuz he was our "go-to guy" back then. No way on this team.

7. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Ariza has been a consistent three point shooter in the last two years. Morey is not stupid. he knows Ariza's strength and limitation as well as anybody. If Morey thinks he fits, then we should be okay.

He's a much better defender than Chandler Parsons, so there's that. I still prefer Deng though, because Deng is a better two way player. Deng plus a capable two way stretch four like Ilyasova would be better, IMO.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Parsons was told to go out there and be the number one like Ariza was Parsons would fall flat on his face. Rockets are totally different team today Ariza would not be bad at all. Just wish Parsons wasn't sooooo expensive.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You got to keep the cap somewhat flexible going forward

You can ALWAYS trade Ariza, you cant trade Parsons

You can then sign some decent FA's next season instead of being tied down to a team with Parsons that is not championship caliber, instead, you have a team you can keep improving upon

Signing Parsons is a death sentence

Signing Parsons is like saying The painting is finished.. lets find out if its a masterpiece by the public

Signing Ariza says the Painting is still in progress and we can keep adding touches to it as we continue to build a masterpiece

We already know that the painting is no masterpiece if we sign parsons.. That team with him with noway to improve going forward does not equate to a championship team

10. tharges

tharges Member

Spot on Ziggy

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I don't think he is that much of a drop off, Ariza is a solid two way player. However, it looks like a difference of 3 to 4 million..... I say just pay Parsons to me team chemistry is worth the extra money.....

12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

agreed...it has to be addition by addition, not + by -

We should sign either Ariza/Stevenson or Pierce for $9-$11 /yr
    Add Ryan Anderson in the Asik trade
    Re-sign Parsons

i think we can do that under the cap

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Good grief, we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I seriously disliked Ariza when he was here. So glad when he was gone. Shoots too much.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Reading this thread just makes me depressed.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Whoever Morey signs he has to do it soon so we can still match Parsons. Out of Deng, Ariza or Stephenson? Would prefer the younger, cheaper more versatile Stephenson.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see it just the opposite. Going with a lesser 29 year old to save MAYBE 4 mil tops instead of just keeping Parsons is a death sentence. Parsons is young and has room to grow, Ariza....well he is what he is and you are stuck with him once you get him.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Though defensively Ariza is a major upgrade over the now insanely expensive Parsons.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source confirms that talks between HOU &amp; Trevor Ariza are advancing <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/wizards?src=hash">#wizards</a></p>&mdash; Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/statuses/488012822282919936">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Ariza would sign to be a bench guy, same goes for Stevenson. Pierce could be an option though. I'm not super high on Ryan Anderson like some are, but he'd be a nice stretch 4

20. newAge_Rockets

Yeah I might cry if the only thing that happens is an Ariza signing this offseason