1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sending center Joel Anthony to the Sixers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 18, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) les is not rich, he's can't even make forbes
    2) les' team sucks because he's too cheap to hire a decent coach
    3) don't assume every rockets fan's family did not make forbes

2. Convictedstupid

Because if we miss the playoffs this season Les can't increase ticket prices ( as much) next season.

Come on man.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What the ****.... the DENVER 2nd?

That's going to be a top 30-40 pick, WTF. Why wouldn't we have made the Pistons dump him???

Oh come on!!

Dmo + low 2nd for mid 1st whoopie!

4. AXG

AXG Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7bSPBBLnj5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Surprisingly, this game was drafted ahead of Isaiah Thomas with his 0.7 ppg in the D-League!!!:p

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That must have been Hinkie trying to get a chuckle out of Morey after the deadline fell apart for us.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The Rockets are the 5th or 6th highest valued franchise in the league. If Le$ can't afford to be an owner he should cash out.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the value of the rockets franchise comprises probably 90% of his net worth because he lost his shirt on company stock about 8yrs ago.......so yes, i've been hoping he would finally agree to sell for quite a while now

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

One can only hope. I keep refreshing the GARM for some amazing trade that flew under the radar for us but nope, this season is an unmitigated failure.

9. basketballholic

It is a smart move to avoid the luxury tax this season. Because you have to worry about the repeater tax down the road. And this is NOT a championship caliber team.

I am so tired of reading about Les being stingy. You guys don't know what you're talking about.

BTW, we ain't out of the luxury tax yet. We'll have to waive Terrence and let Philly or Portland pick him up to get under the tax line.

1 person likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya for us true rocket fans, this season and management's epic mismanagement have been an especially brutal slap in the face. i have been up all nite w/ spotty wifi from a frickin bungalow on the water at a tropical island refreshing to find out if my team could do anything to ease the pain of this pathetic season -- and all we got was a salary dump. ffck it's 5am here and i have to leave for a dive @ 6. the things we do and endure for our team......guys like you and me probably care more about the rockets than these clowns in the front office

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Life must be tough doing what you are doing.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in the context of f-ing up my vacation to stay up all nite for an even further downgrade to this sh1tty season

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Haha don't let the Rockets ruin your vacation man. There's nothing at stake until the Draft and Free Agency for us

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

How can you say Les is not rich, he is on the Forbes list he clocked in at #1190 in the 2015 rankings with a net worth of 1.54 billion.

I don't know who you are but 1.54 billion is ally of money and he is according to Forbes one of the top 2000 richest people in the world. I'd say Les is doing just fine.

15. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

First world problems

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

a silver lining, i guess. a lot of gms/teams in the league will be salty over this.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not a bad move I guess. Cut salary for the offseason.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This.

We weren't going anywhere with these 2 this year so start planning for the future. OK we gave up Denver's 2nd + Thorton who'd probably bail on us after this season + DMo. DMo's been hurt more than he's played and that's not a good sign for a young player. Back problems are rough especially for a big man. And we weren't signing both Jones and DMo so at least 1 had to go. Why not the one that gets you the best asset - a fairly nice asset.

Bonus is we might stink just enough to keep our pick for a 2 decent 1sts to use or trade.

The bottom line like it or not is that the front office has written off this season.

19. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

10 day contract for Joshua Smith??

20. Mr Chuck Norris

Notice bbholic took terrace jones off his sig?