1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets send promotional items to brainwash MVP voters - 2015 edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 3, 2015.

1. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

If zach lowe doesn't auction his off for charity then yes he his an asshat

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

These shenanigans will actually hurt Jame's chances.

3. afk

afk Member

No way. The Cuban presentation was cheesy as hell. The media book is graphically nice. I actually wanted to try and make something like this for fun.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I see nothing wrong with the FO promoting its best player, especially when the media typically just hates on us. Some of you are way too sensitive about what media heads think.

1 person likes this.
  5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I can see this backfiring as another "look at me" moment for Morey. I hope not. Harden does deserve the MVP.

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Looks like if it was drawn by a five year old.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

'Hey, FAs, come to the Rox and the FO will be behind you 1000%!"

This type stuff is for the players, they notice it!

1 person likes this.
  8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I forgot where I saw it was mentioned but a significant reason is to show that the team values the achievements of its players. And of course, certain guys will love that the front office cares as much as their high powered agents.

Besides, if your vote is swayed in a negative manner by campaigning, you are a petty person that doesn't deserve the honor.

1 person likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

On one hand, I think it's awesome that Morey rides for his players and does whatever he can for them. Harden and his agent probably love the FO going all out for him.

On the other hand I think it's pretty pointless. I agree with Lowe that it probably doesn't do anything for the voters. They know what Harden's done this year.

It's really no big deal. I am 1000% sure there will be some media backlash for it against Morey, though. I'm sure there will also be some mocking from other guys in the league as well. I'm glad Morey doesn't care.

1 person likes this.
  10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's basically spam mail.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

come on, lebron. put your mavericks jersey on.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qamC_3VItH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Oh I didn't know Lowe received a copy every day until the MVP vote was due...

Get over yourselves, every team sends stuff. The rockets just go above and beyond. It is a reality of today's NBA and being relevant to today's NBA players.

1 person likes this.
  13. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Marc Spears is from Oakland, CA.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this is pretty stupid, and why can't Morey just you know...lay off Twitter? Is James's play not enough to speak for himself? There are a lot of people that will spite him just because of Darryl.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You know what, the more you think about it, it actually could be the real reason Morey is keep doing this kind of stupid craps.

Nothing more than an upset and angry and motivated Harden to help the Rox to win in the playoff.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Why can't we self promote. The league is constantly promoting it's stars (including Harden and Dwight) so I have no problem teams promoting themselves. The Harden promo kit is literally harmless but Zach Lowe and the rest are just asses who have to b****/whine about something.

2 people like this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No it's clearly not. And if you don't know that then you haven't been paying attention.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah. I don't really see how this ends up being a positive for his campaign, but I can definitely see it being a negative.

I guess we will see how petty the voters are...

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Well...looks like Steph is a lock for MVP

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Good job, Morey. Getting those numbers out there that give him the edge is a good thing. Winning the MVP is a very good thing for the team. All good things. Who cares if a few writers take exception.

1 person likes this.