1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets select Terrence Jones with the No. 18 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Do you like the pick of Terrence Jones by the Rockets at #18?

1. YES

233 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. NO

339 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would trade Marcus Morris instead.I doubt if anyone would want him though.

2. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

Another UK product! Yes!

3. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

If Indy drafts PJ3 and he turns out to be good, maybe we can get Granger on the cheap

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I see him as an upgrade to Patterson.

He's a true face up four, who can also play some three. He also has great handle for someone his size. Not to mention he has better measurements, tested out more athletic and has a higher skill set then Patterson.

Terrence Jones 20 yrs old
    6'9.5 (w/t shoes) / 7'2.25 wingspan / 8'11 standing reach / max vert. 34.5

Patrick Patterson 23 yrs old
    6'9 (w/t shoes) / 7'1.25 wingspan / 8'11 standing reach / max vert 33.5

He makes Patterson dispensable.

5. Htown's2kFinest

He's more skilled than him too.

6. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Why does everyone think this guy is a PF, just youtubed him and looks like a SF. His lane agility time is better than MKG and Terrance Ross, so he should be able to guard NBA 3's.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

There better be a trade coming.

But I doubt it.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

I don't have a problem with the player, if we selected him instead of White and then someone else here it would be fine. However, in combination of what was already drafted, and what is on our roster it is just ridiculous. There comes a point where BPA is just too much.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Pick is terrible.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why no Fab??? Still not one center picked in how many years???!!!

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

After we picked Royce White this pick became terrible. Especially after we picked Morris last year and Patterson the year before that. After we already had Scola. While we expect to bring D-Mo from over seas.

After we traded for that PF for Dalembert. (which is ok since it at least came with a draft pick)

12. willieg52

willieg52 Member

I totally disagree with your statement and think that Jones has the biggest upside of all our draft picks. People keep saying he is a 4 but I know that he can play the 3 and he isn't traded he will become a favorite of many. He took a back seat this year to become more of team player but the kid has made skills and great size for a SF. He measures in at 6 8.25 without shoes and has a 7 2.5 wingspan. He can shoot from beyound the arc and can finish with either hand although he's a lefty.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I was thinking, "TWO tweeners in a roll? Wow!" Not to mention we already have a tweener in Morris.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's actually a good pick considering the available talent, still you have a gluttony of forwards and players who can easily start in other places. Your players lose value, if they are sitting on the bench without a good amount of minutes.

There's got to be moves in the works.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

We actually got two power forward from Milwaukee -- Brockman and Leuer. First names are Jon.

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Best player available. Always. This guy was the best talent on the board. All of our picks make guys ahead of them on the depth chart (Morris, Patterson, Martin) completely expendable.

Love it.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Oh well if you checked on youtube then he simply MUST be a 3... :rolleyes:

The guy played 4 this year for Kentucky. He was a dominant defensive presence for them, is very physical (beasted TRob in the national final - feel free to go and watch it).
    He has great size and speed for a 4. Has an outside shot and can score in the paint.

There was never a doubt that T Jones would be a 'solid' pro. His 'upside' isn't seen as being as high as a PJIII because T Jones was playing in a loaded squad, and SOMEONE has to defer.
    If he'd been more "assertive" and jacked up more shots himself, he'd have a top 10 lock, even if it meant Kentucky didn't win.

Personally I like the guy who has all the skills, AND the smarts to defer to the hot hands, AND who can defend the house down.

I see Royce White as a more questionable pick...

18. H-Town Rockets Guy

At # 18, this pick is not bad but it didnt adress our biggest need, Center

19. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I see, do you think he will be able to guard NBA 3's? His listed weight is rather high for a 3, but it looks like he should be able to.

20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Joey Dorsey