1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets select Isaiah Canaan with the 34th pick of the 2013 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 27, 2013.

?

Do you like the Rockets selection of Isaiah Canaan with pick 34?

1. YES

485 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. NO

110 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

"I'm gonna go out there and try to do the best I can and turn that program around."

Does that mean... he'll help us back to the lottery? :confused:

:p

1 person likes this.
  2. SPBR

SPBR Member

I think Canana will fit right in the small ball we're so fond of running. Great to hear that he has good work ethic. Always root for those guys. Look forward to seeing him develop into role player+.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nice definitive statement about a player you have almost certainly never seen play.

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

he is what the rockets need, scorer off the bench.

5. trowa2

trowa2 Member

and byebye lin

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

His cliche speak is already Craig Biggio level but he does look enthusiastic. Howard to Canaan for threeeeeeee!

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y4zThDcbDgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

So now that you've watched HIS youtube videos, you love this pick like all the other Rockets picks. :eek:

10. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

The more I learn about this guy, the better he sounds. With picks like this, in the long run, who needs Lin? :confused:

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's alright. Just trying not to be down about not getting my pick.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Can he play the 4?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With a 6'4.5 wingspan and 40.5 inch vert he won't be playing very much like a "little man".

Let me use J.J Redick as a example, most would say he's a decent sized SG, and would be a big PG, at 6'5 in shoes. We'll he actually has a 6'3.25 wingspan, and a 33 inch max vert.

I think canaan could actually has enough size to play some SG, he's not only long and athletic but really strong. At the draft combine he benched 16 reps, compare that to harden who benched 17 and bledsoe who only benched 9 reps. Only thing he's missing from being label'd a big PG, is a longer neck basically.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's amazing this guy was still available, he is like Lowry - small, a bull, likes contact, is very fast - with the 3pt shot already down pat. The guy has crazy range and I like his form, he's quick on it too and can turn the corner like that. Great pick!

15. dustinb14

dustinb14 Member

Hey guys i just joined the forum. I'm a Murray State alum and have been watching Canaan for 4 years now. I'm a huge fan of his as are many other people from around here that will be jumping on the Rocket bandwagon shortly. Trust me when I say that you got a great pick in Isaiah Canaan. Murray State isn't a big name school or anything but has a great history in college basketball and has had it's fair share of NBA talent (28th ranked program all time according to ESPN). Ask several of the Murray State greats that have jerseys in the rafters and attend games and they will tell you that Isaiah may be the best player to ever put on a Murray State jersey. The guy has become a legend in Murray, KY over the past 4 years for what he's done on and off the court.

His stats are somewhat skewed from this year because he was so heavily defended because of his scoring ability, lack thereof from teammates, and was literally our only ball handler. There was a ton of pressure on him to score and the opposing teams knew that and threw everything they could at him. I'm talking being faceguarded, double/triple teamed off screens, one team even tried double teaming him full court the entire time until he made them pay by getting them into foul trouble a few minutes in. He can get his shot off literally whenever he wants at a high percentage. He is incredibly quick and deceptive with the ball in his hands and handles it as good as anybody i've seen. Has iso moves that just make you grin. Very fun player to watch. He likes to come down every now and then and just spot up a 30 footer (which he usually makes) and will keep shooting until he misses if hes feeling it. Last season one game went 7-7 from 3 in the first half being faceguarded the entire time.

He really shines when the games are the biggest and the lights are the brightest. Ice in his veins they say. He's a fierce competitor and wills himself to victory as i've seen over a hundred times. Always has his best games when the pressure is on and the games are meaningful.

His best attribute is his attitude. Always at schools and homes helping people and visiting anyone that he feels he can make a difference in their lives. He has done more for the community of Murray, KY than anyone I can remember and you are extremely lucky to have him in Houston. I know he will make us proud and I'm sure he will you as well!

2 people like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IF8t9tnVplI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

This guy has great athleticism and a great outside shot. Maybe he can fill a Nate Robinson role on this team, hopefully with less character problems & more willingness to share the ball.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well i'll be....!!! A connection to Howard.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OJpzWc0LCXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Busty morris for kyle lowry with a shooting stroke like jordan.

Morey did well.